Thread: Heart Flutters

Heart Flutters

I know i keep asking q's but i have only had this for a little while.

Anyway, i was sitting outside the pub yesterday just having a drink and a laugh when i felt this feeling, the only way i can discribe it is like my heart fluttering or an engine trying to start, is this normal as it did scare me a little, but i was a good girl and just ignored it after 5 mins of thinking OH MY GOD!!! and it went away, left me with the dizziness feeling but managed to get on with my daily routine of picking my boy up from school, went home made dinner had a bath watched a bit of tv and then bed.

The other thing is i am usally fine all morning then come the afternoon the anxious feeling starts to creep in.

What a wicked world we live in where we must suffer like this!!!!!

Anyway enough of that.

Any comments would be gratefull.

Cheers
    Liz[Sigh...]

Hia just a little reasurrance for you, yep its just another joyfull symptom it can be a bit frightening but you did the right thing by trying to ignore it well done !!!And if you get it again you now know its quite normal and you dont need to worry about it at all.
    take care cheryl xx

Hi Liz,

these 'flutters' are quite common, although they can be really frightening. I've had them for almost 20 years....since I had my first panic attack. I go through phases where they dont seem as bad or as frequent, but then back they come with a vengeance!

You're definitely not on your own with this one!

take care

Coni X

liz your anxiety starts usually at the same time as mine does, in the afternoon and also worse at the evening

i too get the heart flutters, they are horrible and scary but i am told totally harmless

take care

jackie

hiya,

i've had these too. They do come in phases for me, and at the moment i've not had them for ages. It scared me at first, but I had an ECG and was told everything was fine.
    hope they get better for you soon.

"A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

Hi

I too have them. I go through phases, sometimes I have loads, then other times none! They scare me though! Feels like a very quick flutter NOT a fast heart beat! Takes my breath away sometimes!

hi liz

you poor thing i also have these flutters i get them all the time day and night after a meal ,when i am in bed,they are worse when i am on my period .
    i also have had an ecg and they sead it was fine i am getting a 24 hr ecg done it was going to be todaybut there was a problem so i am getting it on thursday .
    i have been told they wont hurt you and are the result of stress but they are so nasty and very scary
    i am glad you are not giving them much thought it is thebest way
    jo x

hi liz do you know just today i experienced these i had it twice and it scared me to death..i know i get ectopics(they are not the same are they)..but they dont feel like a flutter to me as such...anyway it set me off in a panic thinking i was having a heart attack..had all the heart tests but still worry...oh the joys of anxiety

Hi Liz
    I get the fluttering too, it isn't pleasant and sometimes makes me want to cough. They come and go but are definatly worse when I'm tired or stressed.
    Love Helen

Thread Information