Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can dogs detect cancer?

Can dogs detect cancer?

I know this might sound silly but I read today that some people have been diagnosed with bowel cancer after suspecting something was wrong because their dogs would wait outside the bathroom door. This scared me as my dog quite often follows me to the bathroom and sits outside. As bowel cancer is my biggest fear I cant stop thinking maybe she's trying to tell me something.

I need to stop overthinking!

Re: Can dogs detect cancer?

The last dog my Uncle had the dog always use to hang around the door for both him and his wife, he does not cancer,

Thanks for the reply, that really helps.

I do have HA myself, but the dog always wanted to know seem lost, he wife does not have cancer, she is a nurse so she would know signs. I think some dogs do it for attention.

I know there may have been articles in the paper about dogs can spot cancer, but belive this is rare.

that is just normal for dogs.... they like to have company so will wait outside the door... it is a sign your dog loves you.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

That's what dogs do. They follow you about to be close to you.

I'm 100% sure animals can detect something amiss but not by sitting outside the door to the bathroom. The individuals in the story had to have had other symptoms that raised the animal's awareness. I don't think I've ever gone to the bathroom without my Pixie Bob following me. He's done it since he was a kitten. In fact, he associates me getting a shower with me leaving and gets somewhat aggressive in the mornings. He'll grab my leg and nip at me to keep me from leaving

That being said, he knew something was up with me prior to my diagnosis. Mind you, and this is important, I had symptoms (the swollen hard node that was growing). He would come to bed and sniff around my neck and cuddle up close to it. He was also much more attentive to me. I do believe animals can sense things like cancer however Rainbow, you've been triggered by an article, have no symptoms of a serious illness and your anxiety is turning it into something to worry about

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 27-03-18 at 19:37.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

FMP is right dogs noses are highly sophisticated in picking up on all sorts of different smells that's why the police use them as well as the army. I saw a documentary where there was 10 glass phials in a caroulsel now for the interesting part 7 of the 10 samples (urine) was completely normal out of the remaining 3 phials they had various things wrong only 1 of the 3 had cancer present. The dog was let out of another room and took a few seconds to sit down next to the phial which had cancer agents in it. test not strictly conclusive so they put the dog back in a separate room collected the phials and put them all back in the caroulsel in a totally different order and span the caroulsel again let the dog out again within seconds it again correctly identified the phial with cancer test now conclusive so this is awesome I knew dogs where clever but this is truly amazing.

Another case with a cat where it was constantly clawing the owners breast naturally the owner thought nothing of it but it kept happening and the owner went to her dr's and yes it was cancer, not trying to scare any one or trigger HA off but it just shows how powerful animal's senses can be far better than us ATB

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I'm 100% sure animals can detect something amiss but not by sitting outside the door to the bathroom. The individuals in the story had to have had other symptoms that raised the animal's awareness. I don't think I've ever gone to the bathroom without my Pixie Bob following me. He's done it since he was a kitten. In fact, he associates me getting shower with me leaving and gets somewhat aggressive in the mornings. He'll grab my leg and nip at me to keep me from leaving

That being said, he knew something was up with me prior to my diagnosis. Mind you, and this is important, I had symptoms (the swollen hard node that was growing). He would come to bed and sniff around my neck and cuddle up close to it. He was also much more attentive to me. I do believe animals can sense thinks like cancer however Rainbow, you've been triggered by an article, have no symptoms of a serious illness and your anxiety is turning it into something to worry about

Positive thoughts
    My dog always sits beside me but doesn't behave any differently from usual. The symptoms i've had is a flare up of my ibs over the last 19 months due to my anxiety. I constantly worry and I overreact to anything I hear about cancer, always imagine it must be a sign.

---------- Post added at 14:03 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    FMP is right dogs noses are highly sophisticated in picking up on all sorts of different smells that's why the police use them as well as the army. I saw a documentary where there was 10 glass phials in a caroulsel now for the interesting part 7 of the 10 samples (urine) was completely normal out of the remaining 3 phials they had various things wrong only 1 of the 3 had cancer present. The dog was let out of another room and took a few seconds to sit down next to the phial which had cancer agents in it. test not strictly conclusive so they put the dog back in a separate room collected the phials and put them all back in the caroulsel in a totally different order and span the caroulsel again let the dog out again within seconds it again correctly identified the phial with cancer test now conclusive so this is awesome I knew dogs where clever but this is truly amazing.

Another case with a cat where it was constantly clawing the owners breast naturally the owner thought nothing of it but it kept happening and the owner went to her dr's and yes it was cancer, not trying to scare any one or trigger HA off but it just shows how powerful animal's senses can be far better than us ATB
    Sorry but your post has put me more on edge

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
    My dog always sits beside me but doesn't behave any differently from usual. The symptoms i've had is a flare up of my ibs over the last 19 months due to my anxiety. I constantly worry and I overreact to anything I hear about cancer, always imagine it must be a sign.

---------- Post added at 14:03 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

Sorry but your post has put me more on edge
    rainbow sorry and that was not my intention atall ATB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information