Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: "Dr google will see you now!!!"

Re: "Dr google will see you now!!!"

This thread has helped me so much thank you everyone for sharing your stories. I've been an extremely bad googler and HA sufferer and have convinced myself that a small lump that doctors think is a cyst is an extremely rare type of cancer. I know the odds are low but there's always that "what If?" Sitting in the back of my mind. It's amazing to see I'm not alone and that there are many other individuals tryingbto overcome this like me. If it weren't for this thread I would be in crippling worry

Has anyone found it really difficult to stop googling? I know it was one of my worst habits to break. IV not googled for 3 weeks anything health related. Last time I did it had sent me into major panic attacks about what I read. Yet still I found it difficult to stop picking up my phone and typing my symptoms in. I don't know why I do it to myself.
    So, 3 weeks and no googling. I'm doing well...x

I know how you're all feeling! I'm so bad with this! In my defence though, I don't get worried about issues that clearly don't exist or that have only been occurring for a week or two, the issues that I Google (and ultimately end up being cancer) are ones I've had for months on end.. I'm not saying I'm not bad at going down the Google symptom seething rabbit hole.. But at least there's some foundation to my worries (is what I tell myself).

But yes, like everyone else on here... This is currently driving me mad and ruining my life. Have come to the conclusion that the two tests I've had for odd throat feeling I'm having weren't done properly and the doctor is wrong. Google brings me to forums where others had to see 3 or more ENTs before they finally found one who diagnoses the cancer etc. Etc... So... How do I know that this isn't happening to me and that my doctor really hasn't missed something?

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

I hate Dr. Google, but if it wasn't for Google I'd have never booked an appointment to see my doctor when I found my testicle was hard. Dr. Google said it was Cancer. Dr. Google was correct, I had testicle cancer.

That was the only time Dr. Google was right though. And that's because there really isn't any other reason for a rock hard testicle lmao!

I agree, Google is bad. If we're in doubt we should pick up the phone and call our doctor (or an ambulance).

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Back before I was diagnosed with IBS and thought I had Crohn's or Bowel Cancer - Dr Google told me this on every website. Right now I have an enlarged Lymph Node which Dr Google has told me is Lymphoma Cancer. Back to square one on not Dr Googling...

I fell under Doctor Google and it sucks haha. Glad I broke the habit hahaha!!!

I have stopped using Dr Google because I am so worried about my health and symptoms I have got and google will make feel worst, I

I too am absolutely awful about DR Google. To the point i have really scared myself about bloodwork that the Hospital docs weren't concerned about, but other literature says could be a worry. I got myself focused and paniced because of random journals vs listening to the actual breathing doctors looking at me and my results and not worrying....

As one friendly Dr. once told me... "When you put your ear to the ground, don't think zebras when you hear hoofbeats.." (it applies at least in non African countries.. . The point being.. it doesn't make sense to think you are some corner case that you randomly read about, without real proof otherwise.

I fell off the wagon but this time it might be something I wont go into detail as I already made a thread Ill link it herehttp://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=216358
    if any one would be kind enough to respond to the link I would be grateful

Worried about every pain ache. it could be more likely cancer as it how my brain works. I was at the gp for the first time this year. If I could get an appointment every day I would see them. as I worry a lot about my health.

Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread Information