Thread: Clicking when swallowing?

Angry Clicking when swallowing?

Hello, I came across this site while trying to look up my throat problem, I know people have posted similar posts to this but I wanted to ask a new one.
    Its been about 2 weeks now, when I swallow (without food or drink) there is a click in my throat that is very frustrating. I was having the lump in throat feeling but this seems to have gone for just now (fingers crossed.) I went to the gp who just said it was anxiety related and there was nothing to be done about it. Firstly I am wondering if it is purely anxiety since for the past 2 weeks I havent felt that stressed or anything event thought my body seems to be telling my otherwise. Im also worried that because I have been to the doctors with anxiety before that they gp just sees that and assumes that is what causes it without looking any further into it.
    The clicking is what is bothering me most, it is at the top of my throat, (in the middle) it is not sore just uncomfortable and extremely annoying. Surely there is something that can be done to help? I keep trying to ignore it but its just keeps coming back. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Last edited by gemz29; 19-01-12 at 01:07.

Re: Clicking when swallowing?

Hi

Just wanted to say welcome to the forum , there a great bunch of people on here
    I had the lump in the throat feeling for ages and i found this place (thank goodness)
    I,ve had no experience with the "clicking" but have seen LOADS of posts on here about it but never looked into it as i don,t have it .
    It seems to be very common so nothing to worry about imho .
    I,m sure members will be along to help you out shortly but it seems to be something to do with anxiety / muscle tension iirc after a quick read of the odd post .

x

---------- Post added 19-01-12 at 00:00 ---------- Previous post was 18-01-12 at 23:53 ----------

Ok ...this is really really weird .......i,m sat here and i,ve just swallowed without food or drink and i get a click on the left hand side of my throat , i,ve never noticed this before ever .
    It must be normal ?? ...i,m guessing you have picked up on this and are now waiting for it to happen , like i was with my "food getting stuck" i was hung up on for ages . It eventually went but my mind was stuck on it for months and caused me great anxiety

Can anyone else make there throat "click" , because i can now .

---------- Post added at 00:12 ---------- Previous post was at 00:00 ----------

Still clicking and my mouth is getting dry .
    It really must be normal as in if you think about it you can feel it happen as i,ve never had this before . This is something i won,t focus on but really has confirmed that my other throat / stomach issues will be magnified by just thinking about them .

One thing i would like to add is to keep off Dr google , as any symtyms you google will be worse case or just rubbish , this forum is great for support and common sense advice .

Thanks, im just so frustrated, it goes away occasionally but always comes back and I just wish there was something I could do about it.

Hi Gemz

Sorry its getting to you , i would think its like the globus if you ignore it , it will go away eventually .
    I,ve not noticed it all day , but i can do it again now .
    My focus is on my stomach issues and i know how hard it is to clear the mind of it , i just can,t as its always there because its stuck in my mind .
    I woke up last night convinced i had rageing acid as my back was burning , it was the bed covers that had come off and my back was just cold but my mind said burning
    If i focused on my throat i would feel every click as i would be fully focused on it .
    Its nothing sinister , try and look at it as a nuisance and if you can get 20 minutes free of thinking about it , you can build on this .
    Thats how it works with me .

I can make the R/H side click aswell depending on how i swallow , i can hear it inside my ears .

All the best you will get there
    x

I get that every now and again, its annoying but its never done me no harm, I jsut assume that its connected to the fact I get a tight throat or as its called the 'lump in throat' when anxious

Have you seen the lindon method ( video) for getting rid of the globus ?
    Just wondering if its worth a try for the clicking .

http://www.panic-anxiety.com/article...us-hystericus/

Its not my company ..lol..and i know its probably trying to sell an end product but its worth a try for the free quick relief for globus vid and info , nothing to loose .

Thanks, yeah iv noticed if im out with mates or something and not thinking about it it goes away but I cant not think about it most of the time especially when im at home and it comes back. its like trying to pretend your arm isnt there, you just know that it is and cant convince yourself otherwise so I dunno what to do about it. Ill definetly check out the video, anything is worth a try. Thank you

grr went back to the doctor as its still bothering me and they still say there is nothing that can be done. Yes i know its not necessarily a dangerous condition or anything but it started out of nowhere and isnt showing any signs of going away. I just want to get rid of it. Rant over :(

Thread Information