Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cold & Cough, now chest hurts

Cold & Cough, now chest hurts

I feel really stupid for posting again about my cold, so sorry.

As some of you know, i started with a bad cold on Sunday, yesterday i started coughing and sneezing loads, today i feel better than i did and haven't been coughing and sneezing as much but my chest is hurting now.
    Everytime i move or even do the slightest cough it's hurting.

Is this normal and has it happend to you?

Stupidly i googled it and now i'm worried.

Thank you

Re: Cold & Cough, now chest hurts

Naughty Googler

It's probably the coughing that has hurt your chest. It's quite normal after a bout of coughing. You could always just pop and see your doc to get it checked out,but coughing a lot can cause this.

take care

mick

Hi hun
    Yes ive had the same, i coughed and sneezed so much once that i pulled a muscle and it hurt to move or cough again for a few days, and its quite a common thing for people to do especially if your coughing hard.
    Please try not to worry yourself too much, rest and take it easy until your cold gets better and im sure you will start to feel better in a few days.
    Take care.
    xxx

Thank you, i really need to stop googling, starting to have a panic attack now.
    Leslya did your chest hurt even when you wasn't coughing?

I'm too scared to ring nhs direct because they always worry me more.

Hi If you have a cold and are coughing a lot you really ought to get checked out by a doctor, even if it's just to put your mind at rest.

I am just getting over a chest infection which started off with me coughing then my chest hurting when breathing and coughing, also coughing up a load of mucus.

it doesn't mean to say it's anything serious just a slight infection perhaps or as the others say just a pulled muscle, i just thought that as you are so obviously worried i'd get it checked.
    Good Luck

Yes miss it did, different ways i turned in bed or even sometimes turning my head it used to hurt, but it did ease off after a few days and went totally after my coughing eased off too. But like lynn says if your unduly worried have a word with your gp and get him to check you out to help put your mind at ease.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    Let us know how you are.
    Take care
    xx

thank you. i do want to ring to gp, i have the phone with me now bu having a panic attack now which i dont think is helping. I just went upstairs and now my chest is hurting more so i'm really scared now

I just rang the doctor, she didnt do anything to put my mind at ease tho. She was asking me about history of leg blood clots in the family, which i said we dont have.

She told me to take parocetomol and then ring the surgery if it doesnt help, and she wants to listen to my chest.

Now i'm still really worried.

I was also sick just as i got off the phone to the receptionist earlier, i didnt feel sick before tho, only when i started panicking loads so i'm hoping it was just that, its never hapend before.

The doctor will be able to tell quite quickly if you are suffering from a chest infection. I have recently recovered from one exacerbated by my asthma was was very bad. My GP initially gave me antibiotics (you might be given those) She will listen to your chest (mine was alll rattly and wheezy) I really didn't feel well ie I had a temperature aching joints and fatigue so you'll be asked about that too. You might have to produce a sputum sample to send to the hospital. My back and front ribs hurt too. I hope you begin to feel better soon.

Aw missy hun your being sick could be because your getting yourself all upset.
    Maybe the best thing you can do is call down and see your gp so she can put your mind at ease by examining your chest, and at least if it is a chest infection she can give you something to help you get rid of it.
    Hope your ok
    xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information