View Poll Results: Am i scared to be sick or scared of having a panic attack? =)

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sick?

0 0%
  • Panic attack?

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Scared of vomiting which causes panic attacks! :(

Question Scared of vomiting which causes panic attacks! :(

Does anyone else experience this?... I need some methods on how to deal with this as i know i am scared of being sick but then i form a panic attack and become scared of this! So what am i really scared of?

By the way, i am also aware that some of the help on this website lets you know that pulpitations doesnt mean a heart attack and quick breating doesnt mean that you will stop breathing, but the way i look at it as morbid as it sounds, when i am in a panic attack, i think i would rather stop breathing or die from a heart attack that try to fight back. Although death is something i would hate to consider, it does cross my mind which is slightly scary...
    Last edited by HayleySelina; 25-11-08 at 21:25.

Re: Scared of vomiting which causes panic attacks! :(

hey,

i feel the same way, just the thought of myself being sick or anybody else makes me panicky, and i would rather die than be sick.

i am trying to get help, but nothing yet has worked for me yet.

good luck and let me know how it goes

x
    MAX

Both you and Max sound exactly like me! I know that my underlying phobia is of being sick, but when I panic because of feeling nauseous that panic makes me feel sick, which makes me panic etc. etc. etc.

It's a very nasty cycle but the key to stopping it lies in either CBT or hypnotherapy. I know that much now, but it's making myself go to the doctor (what if someone is sick int he waiting room??) which is the hardest bit.
    Please do me a favour and ask for CBT/hypnotherapy. You don't have to deal with the panic attack while it's happening, you deal with the route cause of it while you are calm. It's almost guaranteed you'll get better!

xx .....*tries to take own advice*

hiya i Emetophobia (fear of sick) although i am not scared of panic attacks or palpitations as i know they cannot hurt me. im more embarrassed of what people think of me!!! try and breathe slowly, preferably into a paper bag if u hav one as this will stop u takin in too much oxygen which causes dizzyiness and feelin faint!
    i know what u mean when u say about death as i hav thought that too but actually im a fighter and will fight this phobia all the way! defo get info on hypnosis which is what i am having at the mo and hav found its calmed me down so i am stayin optimistic and positive its gonna work for me! but its about findin a treatment which works for u as an individual!
    Good luck! and feel free to message me.

Thread Information