Thread: Mirtazapine

Mirtazapine

Has anybody else taken these for anxiety/sleep problems, have been taking them for four weeks now and they are fab for helping me sleep plus I am quite chilled as well, the only trouble is the Dr says I have to take them for at least another six months, but am worried about what happens when I start to come off of them, what kind of side effects will I have?

Thanks
    Banana

Re: Mirtazapine

Hi there

Use the search engine to find previous posts or scroll down to the bottom of this page and read "Similar threads" - loads of info in them.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I have just started taking them too and like you, I am feeling really quite good. I am scared at the moment to put it down to the pills in case it is my normal mood swings.
    Try not to worry about coming off them, you would gradually reduce anyway. If they are helping you, let them!
    Happyone
    xx

I've been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.
    —Mark Twain

I've been on them for 6 years. I started to come off them two years ago and had to go back on but it wasn't withdrawal symptoms, it was that the depression was still there. I find them really good and of course they help with my sleep.

I came off mirtazpine after a year and it was fine. I did get bad palpatations for a week and then it just went. I put on 2 stone while taking this tablet and didnt eat that much either?? They can give you alot of fluid and bloat you out. Although these tablets really help you sleep at night i just could not stand looking fat anymore. Within 2 months of stopping i was back from 12 stone to 10 . But its up to you to decide which is best sleep of being fat. I now take Cipralex 10mg and feel so much better.
    Anyway hugs to all
    Elly
    x

Thread Information