Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super range of NHS CBT books on Health Anxiety, Panic, Anxiety etc!!!

Super range of NHS CBT books on Health Anxiety, Panic, Anxiety etc!!!

I stumbled across this fab range of 'Overcoming' books a few weeks ago and really think they are worth passing on.

An Introduction to coping with Health Anxiety by Brenda Hogan & Charles Young.

An Introduction to coping with Anxiety by Brenda Hogan & Lee Brosan.

An Introduction to coping with Panic by Charles Young

Cheap as chips (£2.99) very easy to read and very helpful - they are based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, with exercises to try out and alternative ways of looking at situations. They seem to be affiliated to the Cambridge and Peterborough Mental Health Partnership NHS Teaching Trust and quite frankly they should be suggested to any one presenting themselves at the doctors with anxiety etc.

There are quite a few titles in the series covering the topics I've listed above and also phobias, ocd, depression, anorexia etc etc. You could read one in an afternoon easily - they are A4 size (sort of like a school text book size). With all the info presented in a positive encouraging manner.

Worth every penny!

Piglet
    Last edited by Piglet; 26-08-08 at 15:15. Reason: Forgot to put the titles in - duh!

Re: Super range of NHS CBT books on Health Anxiety, Panic, Anxiety etc!!!

Wow Piglet

£2.99 Sounds a very good price, Where do you get the books from? Can your order them off the internet?

Im not one for reading lots of pages so these books sound just like what i would enjoy reading.

Love

Andrea
    xxxxx

yeah they sound great x, but are they the ones that chemists and superdrug are selling now they all seem to be selling them ????
    Richie xx

Gosh I don't know Richie - they look like a funny thing to be sold there lol, mind you I'd like that cos while I'm trembling buying my mascara I could be reading the books at the same time lol!

I got mine from Amazon and The Book Depository (always want to say suppository when I write that word).

Yes deffo get them from www.bookdepository.co.uk as they are £2.59 on there and postage free!!!

I've added the titles now (duh silly me) to the first post!

Love Piglet
    Last edited by Piglet; 26-08-08 at 15:07.

Hi Piglet

I've read the overcoming panic and I agree it's very good. Easy to read when you are panicking, I find it helps to calm me down. The NHS also do pamphlets which are very good too. They're free. Mine were posted to me when I rang NHS Direct, but I think you can down load them too.

Thanks Piglet - I will certainly look into getting some for the online shop as well!

Andrea - I have them as well and was trying to find out where to get them as I thought they would be good to send to members on here. Don't supposed you found out where to download them from did you?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Piglet - I still think about the pamphlet we started as well! I haven't forgotten it just never moved forward with it lol.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Nic

I'm sure I read somewhere about downloading them, but I can't find where I saw it, usually have a good memory for stuff like that, if I remember I'll let you know.

I got mine from NHS Direct, but I know they have a stand with them on at my Library. If you like I can pick some up and post them to you, if that'll help. You could copy them, or maybe contact NHS Direct and ask them cos I'm almost sure I saw that you can download them.

PM me if you want me to pick some up. I've got the panic one and stress and anxiety one. I know there's also a post traumatic stress one and a depression one, and others I'm not sure on.

Sorry I'm not much help.

Nic I'm hoping to get the Health Anxiety one to you in the post today!

Love Piglet

Piglet - thanks mate.

Andrea - I don't want to rob your library of them but thanks for the offer.

I did look on the website today but couldn't find it but I will keep hunting.

If I can download them I can print my own to send to people or maybe they would send me a load. I will have to see what I can find out. If you remember anything please let me know
    Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information