Thread: Blurry/Double Vision... anyone else have this?

Blurry/Double Vision... anyone else have this?

Hi I have noticed some changes in my vision lately. I have been wearing low prescription glasses for astigmatism for the past 3 months. Without my glasses I have noticed that words (mainly computer & tv) are double. Like I see the word MOVIE and i can see another half of the word movie on top of that word. So the double happens one on top of the other & like a few tones lighter(like a shadowed colour). I never noticed it with my glasses but now as i stare at words carefully, i can see it very slightly even with my glasses. I see it when one eye is closed as well as with both eyes. It's the worst when i see with just my right eye without glasses. I saw an ophthalmologist which didn't find any problem with my eyes.

Does anyone else have this symptom? Can it be a part of anxiety? I've had health anx for 16 months now.

Re: Blurry/Double Vision... anyone else have this?

Definitely a symptom of anxiety,i have had the same and went to opticians who said prescription was the same of course didnt believe them.the more you focus on it the more you will notice it.look in the symptoms section and you will see that it is a common symptom of anxiety.
    Choliver.

i've got this today i do have blurred vision sometimes ,my is lack of sleep[not going to bed till 2.30 am on the compter , i,ve got floater's aswell which i/ve had for many yrs and ha for 5 yrs, mine is it a bit of every thing i don/t take much notice of it now go and see and have your eyes tested and see the doc and do you migraines it can be from them ,regards steve take care

I don't get migraines & I have had my eyes tested. I need to wear glasses for astigmatism & also I saw an ophthalmologist which didn't find any problem with my eyes that could relate to double vision. I'm wondering if it has happened to other people & if it is a symptom of anxiety. I know blurry vision & floaters is but what about the type of double vision that i previously explained in my post?
    "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
    - - -
    If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you'll die a lot of times. ~Dean Smith
    - - -
    Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. ~Leo Buscaglia

I have this too, only on the tv tho I see slightly double, even more so when black writing is on a white back ground.

yup, it doesnt take long, if im looking at something for it to get blurry...sometimes it sort of wobbles a bit too..

This is ME!!! I have had double vision for a MONTH and a black Floater in my left eye... This has SNOWBALLED my anxiety... I was convinced I had a brain tumour!! I still have the double vision and black spot now... All doctors say theres nothing wrong..It's awful!!

Also if i cover my left eye..Double vision goes!! Arghh.. Has this stopped for everyone else?? xxxx Natalie xxxx

dont worry if u cover one eye and the double vision goes, then its an eye problem and can be fixed with glasses. it means ur eyes are not aligned which is nothing serious.
    "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
    - - -
    If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you'll die a lot of times. ~Dean Smith
    - - -
    Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. ~Leo Buscaglia

My first sign of a panic attack is blurred vision. It also happens when I'm anxious or tired. Certain medications can cause it too - check the accompanying leaflet if you are taking any meds. I've had my eyes tested a few times and been told that they are fine.

Thread Information