Thread: Can I refuse the Contrast and will it make a difference?

Can I refuse the Contrast and will it make a difference?

I'm having an MRI scan on wed with contrast but having read of all the people who have had side effects with the contrast I'm reluctant to have it done now. I'm having it on my inner ear. Can I refuse the contrast and will it make a difference to the findings? xx

Re: Can I refuse the Contrast and will it make a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by AngelHeart View Post
    I'm having an MRI scan on wed with contrast but having read of all the people who have had side effects with the contrast I'm reluctant to have it done now. I'm having it on my inner ear. Can I refuse the contrast and will it make a difference to the findings? xx
    Yes you can refuse BUT and a big but if you do the image will not be as clear and that only means they could miss something and that would be bad and then it only means you have to have it all done again.

I to was how to put it poop scared of having the contrast but if they have said it needs to been done with contrast it is best to get it done and dusted.

I also read loads of so called horror stories of side effects but when i had mine no side effects at all. And also they list side effects as a precaution.

You will be fine its just a case of get it done and over.

I found a site on the net that people only listed the bad side of everything and believe me alot of it was scaremongering.

Re: Can I refuse the Contrast and will it make a difference?

Yes, you can. It is within your rights to refuse any aspect of a medical procedure which you are not comfortable with. However, I really would consider this carefully. The contrast is a really effective diagnostic tool, and many have no adverse reactions to it whatsoever!

Thread Information