Thread: Esa stopped

Esa stopped

I was given ESA for real bad panic attacks plus I have scizoprina which cones with seeing things that are not there and hearing vocies I pull my own hair out there is a name for it but I have for got

And when I went for a medical after going and then got a letter saying I can't get it no more what do I do

Re: Esa stopped

you can appeal how long did it take them to get back to you x

yes appeal , get in touch with your local welfare office and speak to your GP

Trichotallomania- and yes ive suffered since i was a child... over 35yrs now....
    have you seen your doc about it?

You can get your doctor to write a letter saying that they believe it to be detrimental to your health if you are not awarded ESA

If you a have a diagnosis of schizophrenia then presumably you are under the care of a psychiatrist? Speak to them about it and they will write a letter for you.

Thank you people for the info I will do what's been said

THANK YOU ALL

---------- Post added at 10:22 ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 ----------

It took two weeks til they sai I'm not eligible

Docs know I have aload of problems same with pulling my hair out and eyelashes I look a total freak people look at me like what planet is he from if kids ask me I'm like the wind blown them off they laugh but there kids it's okay adults tho it's down right not right

First thing to do is phone your ESA office and tell them you want to appeal. If you can get a letter from your GP or psychiatrist to say that they believe that because of your conditions you are entitled to ESA then you will be fine.

If you can't get a letter to them when you appeal (tell them when you phone that you are going to ask for one) then don't worry. You will still get paid ESA while waiting for the appeal decision. Without 'further supporting medical evidence' (a letter) you will likely fail your appeal - again don't worry, this is part of their ridiculous system! Eventually you may get to the Tribunal stage. Again a letter form our GP or psychiatrist will help make things a lot easier, but you have a great chance of passing anyway from your description of your problems.

And in the meantime they will continue to pay your benefit.

Best wishes to you

Thread Information