Thread: Rib pain/lung pain

Rib pain/lung pain

I am absolutely despairing with the constant pain I am in. It feels like my ribs are bruised. I am in constant pain and last night I did not sleep for one minute because the pain was so bad I felt I could not breath. I have spend most of the day crying to my husband and he keeps saying Louise you know nothing is wrong.

I cant cope anymore. I cant smile or laugh with the children because I am in fear I have something seriously wrong with me. I am so scared all the time.

I do suffer from panic attack, well I am told I am, my heart races away at 170 and is so strong.

I dont know what to do.

Re: Rib pain/lung pain

i had a similar thing to that about 2 weeks ago only i just had the pains in my ribs and in my lungs and i was short of breath, and it hurt when i laughed coughed or even just moved (mostly bending)

so i went to the doctor and he said it was pretty much just a chest infection a proscribed me with antibiotics and it cleared up within days and now i am fine.

i'm not saying that it is the same thing but maybe you could go to your local doctor and ask him about it and see if he know what it is, if you have not already that is

I would definitely get the doctor to check it out if you haven't done already. My son gets a pain like this and it's chest wall pain. Even athletes get it!! It's excruciating for him at the time though, but the doctor says it's harmless. Please get it checked out because it will probably be something simple and not knowing is sometimes worse because, if you're like me, you'll imagine all sorts!!
    Myra x

wow, 170? are you sure? I dont want to worry you but that seems a little high, even for someone with anxiety..have you been to the emergency room? Just for peace of mind as im sure its nothing...but its better to be safe than sorry.

reallym I dont want to cause you extra worry but the highest my heart has been through anx is about 125..

Hey

I am currently having physiotherapy as I have sore ribs. Mine is down to poor posture. I get alot of pain around my right rib and have been quite paranoid that its something more sinister.

but then I find I am focusing on it, so I am almost looking for the pain if that makes sense?

My ribs are sore to the touch as well.

I sympathise, have you been to the Doctors? You should get it checked out. I did have Pleurisy a couple of months ago which is easily treated with antibiotics and can cause the pain around the ribs to

Emira
    x

I can and will get through this....

Thread Information