Thread: neverending

neverending

hi all
    had a bad night and felt really bad this morning so rand the docs and made a app for thursday.im only on betablockers and my body feels tired but minds on high alert all day.niece was in bed and i actually cried for the first time in years at the hopelessness of it all.So i went down to my mum and dads and told them how i feel and my sister was there 2 on holiday so told her.they were supportive and worried so dunno if i did right thing there or not .i was scared i was gonna hit the bottle as ive had a battle for 10 years with it but been sober since jan ,so i went to gym again lol.i used to feel great when i came out of gym but now its same old story nerves tight head mind racing ,feeling like its just not me ,but i made it home made lunch and now writing this.also scared about going to docs as dont like bothering him but its that or well i dunno.this anxiety makes u feel isolated a leper and like im living a pretend life to all who dont know me well.to all in gym im life and soul of party but inside im cracking up.so thats me today anyhow and thanx to all who take time and read this ...kev

k finnigan

Hi there,
    sorry you are feeling so awful, no sleep does not help at all does it? i was exactly the same last night! You did a few real good things today, made an appointment for thursday, confide in your doctor, he/she may be able to help you, that's what they are there for, they understand how we feel, and mostly can help. Then by confiding in your family they will be able to support you, you have done so well by not having a drink, you should feel very proud of yourself, i don't think it would make you feel any better...and then you went to the gym.....although you didn't feel great afterwards, you did it!! so a big well done for that too. you have put me to shame all i've done today is make a pasta bake for the family, had a shower and tidied up a little....having this 'illness' does make you feel a little isolated, but you can be helped and you can help yourself (as you have proved today) keep at it and please keep in touch.

Finny,
    It is good that you have told your parents and your sister, of course they are going to be worried about you, its only natural, but i expect they will support you all they can, and it is good to have family behind you who you can turn to. Also its a good idea to visit the doctors they can really help and they wont think you are bothering them, they are there to help you, it is what they get paid for. You may find that talking to your doctor and realising that anxiety is such a common thing, may even make you start to feel like you are not a leper, and not on your own. Well done for staying sober since January, that in itself is a big achievement in your life.
    I hope all goes well at the doctors on Thursday.
    Take Care,
    Trac

Hi Kev,

Well done for telling your folks - that was brave to admit how you felt and I think it shows strength of character.

You are most certainly not on your own especially now you've found the site, as well as telling your family.

You'll get lots of support on here and hopefully reassurance with your symptoms. It really is a help to find friends who know what you're on about.

Love Piglet

Kev,

Its hard to get over this alone so if they're willing to help and support you thats great. It may be a big shock to them and they may be uninformed about it all so they may not 'get it' immediately.

I know how terrible it feels to keep pretending all is well when you feel as bad as you hope you'll ever have to feel.

This can and will get better and you will feel well again and part of it all again.

Many many many congratulations for not having a drink .. that took a hellofalot of digging deep within. You did absolutely the right thing in avoiding that route.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

thanx to all who wrote and replied to me ,this site is just so helpful in getting to meet ppl likewise to myself and vent my frustrations out.carlin what you have done today is every bit as good as me if not better.funnily enough im not as bad in evening as i know its just me and kids and gonna be a quiet night.anyhow im here still alive and sober and that keeps me going as well as the kids.funnily enough i suffered from anxiety for months but didnt know what it was so just kept going and it wasnt half as bad lol.i just thought i was stressed and hot all the time but i cant wait to say ive got anxiety but so wat i will live and get on with my life.

k finnigan

Hi Kev,

Sorry you had a bad night.

A Big Well done to you for not tuning to the bottle though and for telling your family. You did do well.

As for bothering the Doctor I feel like that if i have to go. Please don't though as that is what they are there for to help you and remember so are we to!

I hope you feel better today.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X

Kev

Well done on resisiting the booze and for telling the family how you feel. I am sure they will be able to offer you some continued support.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Hi kev
    confiding in your family is the best thing you could have done, they are there to support and help you. Sometimes just telling someone your problems is enough to make you feel reassured, it means youre not going through it alone. One of the hardest things i found was learning that it was ok to ask for help from my friends and family, i didnt want to be a burden, but its not like that at all, i would do anything for my friends and family and the reverse is true. I hope you feel better now that youve shared your thoughts, remember that a problem shared is a problem halved!
    good luck
    x

Hi Finny

It takes a brave person to confide at the best of times, so confiding in your family just proves that your are making some good decisions and a problem shared is a problem halved.

You will never waste a doctors time if you have a genuine problem and I am sure he or she will be pleased to help you

Good luck for thursday and Well done for doing all the proactive things including te GYM!

Well done Sue with 5 children

scknight

Thread Information