Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Convinced i'm dying of cancer! Plz help!

Convinced i'm dying of cancer! Plz help!

Hi, I'm Paige and im 18 years old. Joined this site in 2009 when i had really bad health anxiety, constantly calling ambulances thinking i was having a heart attack,or had a brain tumour due to vision problems, numbness, breathing problems, weakness, etc. Had CBT and my anxiety seemed to get better.

However, 4 weeks ago I started getting pain in the lower right side of my abdomen, which has spread to my lower back, and is constantly there. I feel weak and tired all the time, and the r/side of my body constantly feels heavy and numb, especially my right leg. Feeling full a lot of the time, so I am not eating well. I was constipated for about a week, and had black stool, but that's now gone back to normal. Feeling really depressed and miserable lately and convinced im dying of ovarian cancer, or some other terminal illness that docs havent found

Going on holiday in 2 weeks, and i feel like i cant go at the moment. PLEASEE HELPP :(

Paige xx
    Last edited by sugarsweet; 18-07-11 at 17:59.

Re: Convinced i'm dying of cancer! Plz help!

Hi Paige

Have you seen a doctor about these problems at all?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hunni,

You really need to seek medical advice to see what is going on here.

We are not qualified to advise but I can tell you that I can tick almost every symptom (except the black stool) that you have listed on your post. Like you, i was convinced I had ovarianc cancer and this started about 2 years ago - I am pleased to report that thus far I m still alive and kicking!

However, I am 50 yrs old and at that stage in life when it can all go a bit haywire in the hormone department and my anxiety is at an all time high which coupled with IBS accounts for my symptoms.

Please go and see your doc before you go on holiday and see if they can put your mind at rest.

Take care.

I've seen my doc twice in the past month, and been to A&E every night for the past 5 nights, and been to walk in centres about 3 times in the past month. At first I had leukocytes and blood in my urine that they found, but that's not showing up in my urine any more so they're not sure. Blood tests are also fine. I've got an ultrasound scan on Friday, but I'm almost 100% certain I've got ovarian cancer, and so I'm really scared to go to it.

It is highly unlikely you have cancer at 18 to be honest.

Why have you been to A&E every night for 5 nights - surely once is enough to be reassured that you are ok?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

That's what the doctor's keep saying, but then I think that there is a chance I could have cancer. I don't know why I keep going to A&E, I try and ignore the pain during the day time, but by the evening I am unable to ignore it any more and end up going to A&E. The pain is just getting worse each day.. I don't know what to do any more

A&E would not discharge you if they thought there was something wrong.

Go back to your GP in the day and tell him about the pain you are in.

Okay so you have an ultrasound booked for Friday - excellent - make sure that they do the transvaginal US and then you can know for certain that your ovaries are ok.

Also ask for CA125 blood test to be done - test for ovarian cancer.

If you have had full bloods done recently and they have come back fine, it would suggest that there is no apparent cause for concern as they are the first point of investigation and had there been any abnormalities the doc would have ordered either rechecks or other investigations based on presenting symptoms.

You really do not need to go to A and E each night unless you are in such dire pain that you need urgent assistance.

If your scan shows anything that causes concern they will treat you very quickly but i seriously doubt that it is anything like ovarian cancer in one so young.

Please please try and relax a little and see what Friday brings

please try and relax try not to go to a&e i know it can maybe make you feel a bit safer i used to go alot but now my oh makes me stay at home and trys to talk me through it my obsession is with my heart so a little different to yours im starting cbt maybe that could help you again? also do you do relaxation as that might help x

I'm just so scareeddd. Friday feels like it's a million years away. Was just on my way to A&E but Mum followed me in the car, and made me come back home. I just keep thinking of the worse, and I'm now getting chest pains and pains in my arms and legs. Reading these messages has made me feel a bit better though, and I am going to try and relax a bit.

Also, does any one know if they would tell me on Friday, if there was anything like cancer showing up in the ultrasound?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information