Thread: Holiday ha and full of cold

Holiday ha and full of cold

OK so I woke up yesterday full of cold and sore throat dosed my self up and got to the airport.
    My throat went really dry when trying to talk and then I started to gag in the airport in front of people my worst nightmare luckily I was just gagging and a little phlegm cane up.
    Managed to get on the plane but I completely freaked out I couldn't control it I thought I was going to die I an full of cold and all I can think is I can't breathe I can't breathe my husband starts getting annoyed with me and I shaking sweating and what I thought was gasping for air.
    Finally manged to last the flight got to the hotel all really lovely however first night no sleep, still full to the brim of snot and aching all over and the best place for me is bed I can't motivate me self. but I don't want to ruin my husband and little girls holiday helllllllppppp

Re: Holiday ha and full of cold

Goodness me that is not a good start to your holiday

Unfortunately illness happens to people, I can totally understand that feeling of not wanting to ruin your families holiday but try looking at it from the perspective of how would you react if it was one of them that was ill? I imagine you wouldn't be annoyed at THEM yes you may be frustrated at the situation but not them as a person.
    I would suggest that if you could take one day out to get some sleep that may be better than trying to push on. After all it is your holiday too and you can't go out doing activities the whole holiday, is there maybe a kids club you could send the girls too and get the hubby out the way for a bit so you could catch up on sleep?
    I'm sorry you're going through this, I think that the change in temperature as we go into autumn causes a lot of people to get viruses.
    Remember to drink plenty water and hot drinks and I hope you get better very quickly
    XX

Re: Holiday ha and full of cold

Big hugs - it's awful being ill on holiday. I usually get food poisoning and I wouldn't mind I'm quite a fussy eater!!

Thread Information