Thread: I'm thinking and reading about brain tumor everyday

I'm thinking and reading about brain tumor everyday

Hey there. I'm a health anxious 22 male. For some reason recently I became really scared that I have a brain tumor. I've never had any "real" symptoms like headaches or nausea, but I've been having really explainable, mild and short symptoms here and there like:
    -started with misreading words, I then realized that I only misread words when I'm anxious about it because I googled too much, it went away after couple days when I stopped stressing about my reading
    -tinnitus, I have it every time I'm stressed, but when I'm chilled then it's not there
    -I though that I have phantom smells because I smelled a rotten tooth coming from a lady customer while I was in queue in shop, but it only happened then and there so guess that it wasn't really a phantom smell
    -felt a lump in throat and coughed a lot, my ENT told me it's probably silent reflux based on what I told her, she gave me medicine for it, it subsided after 2 days
    -2 weeks into taking the reflux medicine my fingertips were tingling for only 2 days, my doctor said that it could be due to the medicine I'm taking (it can lower vitamin b12), so I took vitamin b12 supplements and it's been good since then
    Based on what I wrote here, should I see a doctor? And my main question is - even if those were brain tumor symptoms, would they come and then go forever like this or persist?

Re: I'm thinking and reading about brain tumor everyday

You have answered your own worries to be honest and all symptoms of anxiety.

A brain tumour wouldn't come and go like that.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    You have answered your own worries to be honest and all symptoms of anxiety.

A brain tumour wouldn't come and go like that.

Exactly. If you had a brain tumor (which is very rare to begin with) your symptoms would be much more severe and would rapidly get worse and worse, so much so that it would be very obvious to the poeple around you that something was seriously wrong.

Thank you people. Also I chuckled at
    Quote Originally Posted by ferun View Post
    it would be very obvious to the poeple around you that something was seriously wrong.
    My girlfriend is really furious of me complaining and finding new symptoms every day, and she thinks that there's something serious wrong with me. Mentally. I'm going to make an appointment with a psychologist because living in constant fear, and being hypervigilant about my body all the time is top exhausting for me. I literally wake up and check if my senses are working properly and if I feel off anywhere on my body.

Thread Information