Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Panicking over my high blood pressure!

Re: Panicking over my high blood pressure!

Hey Howanxious! You helped me a lot on my thread and I'd love to try and return the favor here.

As I mentioned in my "lymph node" post, I went to the doctor today. Everything went well, except my blood pressure was "unusually" high as well. They took it twice--before and after the appointment--and it actually increased a bit. I was nervous too, but the nurse also suggested to me that "White Coat Syndrome" could be to blame.

When I got home, I mentioned this to my mother. She said that that's been happening to me for several years, quite literally every time I have it taken at the doctor's office. It also happens to her when she goes, and she reaches numbers that meet or exceed the ones you mentioned.

Try not to worry. White Coat Syndrome is VERY real, especially for sufferers of HA like us. I'm willing to bet that most people in these forums aren't exactly calm, cool, and collected at the doctor's office, haha!

No reason to panic

Quote Originally Posted by tempe18 View Post
    Hey Howanxious! You helped me a lot on my thread and I'd love to try and return the favor here.

As I mentioned in my "lymph node" post, I went to the doctor today. Everything went well, except my blood pressure was "unusually" high as well. They took it twice--before and after the appointment--and it actually increased a bit. I was nervous too, but the nurse also suggested to me that "White Coat Syndrome" could be to blame.

When I got home, I mentioned this to my mother. She said that that's been happening to me for several years, quite literally every time I have it taken at the doctor's office. It also happens to her when she goes, and she reaches numbers that meet or exceed the ones you mentioned.

Try not to worry. White Coat Syndrome is VERY real, especially for sufferers of HA like us. I'm willing to bet that most people in these forums aren't exactly calm, cool, and collected at the doctor's office, haha!

No reason to panic
    Hey! Thank you for this! You're right, white coat syndrome it's a fact and I have to admit that I have it, but it's still terrifing for me and scares me a lot as well as my higher heart rate when I'm anxious Do you remember how high was your BP today?
    Surely everything will be okay with the test, I'll be updating this thread if I have news. Hope you're doing it well with your lymph node anxiety

Good news! Today I've got some preliminar results of my 24hr BP test and it was perfectly okay acording to what my doc said, so my readings at the office are sky high but during 24hr at home they're totally normal! No hypertension. I still have to wait for the results of the Holter monitor of my heart, but I know these will be okay too.
    In a couple of days I'm gonna get the complete information of both tests, but I'm so much relaxed because at least I know my BP it's high only when I'm too anxious.

Quote Originally Posted by Howanxious View Post
    Good news! Today I've got some preliminar results of my 24hr BP test and it was perfectly okay acording to what my doc said, so my readings at the office are sky high but during 24hr at home they're totally normal! No hypertension. I still have to wait for the results of the Holter monitor of my heart, but I know these will be okay too.
    In a couple of days I'm gonna get the complete information of both tests, but I'm so much relaxed because at least I know my BP it's high only when I'm too anxious.
    Of course it was white coat syndrome. I have the same issue and it's annoying but that's life.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information