Page 39 of 685 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139539 ... LastLast

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Considering the pollen is low, I'm still sneezing, coughing, chesty, fuzzy eyed and wheezing! Actually more than before. O/H is the exactly the same, so it must be the dreaded hay fever. I'm really not enjoying this summer. I've either got a choice of going out in the burning sun or staying indoors in a house which is constantly over 80f. I can for see everyone spending the winter catching up on their sleep.

Senior Moment, I'm really pleased that some things are helping you. And of course I am always pleased to hear from you and your progress. Recovery in anxiety will still chuck a bad day at you. I had one myself today. I went to see a neighbour, which I have done dozens of times this year, but today left me feeling a bit light headed when leaving. I'm thinking it could be the heat and not the visit, so I guzzler down a bottle of water and a cup of tea and then watered the garden and I was totally fine.
    Just remember you are never alone SM.

Oh Pulisa, you've had your fill of ailments lately.
    I hope your pig gets back to full health.
    I wonder if he realises what good hands he is in with your experience and care. There's nothing worse than having a sick pet.
    And a horsefly bite! we were only talking about them a short while ago. They really are the worst!
    I had those last year. The size of a tennis ball and very red and swollen. Took a few weeks to completely go. Not good for sleeping either. I used calamine lotion to keep cool and covered. I hope it clears up quickly for you.

I think it might be time to install air-conditioning in to our homes if our summers continue like this. Builders might consider this in their new builds. How I wish the air-con was working in our car.

Until next time.....

Thanks for the lovely mention, Carnation. You're right, I always have a catch up before bed and always look for your posts, partly because they're really interesting and it makes me happy seeing how positive you are. The other reason is Buster! We definitely have the same sense of humour! I always look out for you, too, Pulisa. I feel like you're a friend by proxy and I hope things start to improve for you.
    I thought of you yesterday in assembly, Carnation, as I sneezed 10 times in a row in assembly. Good thing I had my legs crossed!
    Take care xxx

Thank you, 23fish! My life is a bit challenging but I have a lot to be grateful for and I never take things for granted. You must be so pleased to have completed another school year and I hope you are able to relax a bit in the holidays! Are you going anywhere or staying put in the good old Tropic of Blighty?!

Yes, Buster is a bit of a star, but don't tell him, we don't want him getting too big headed.
    23fish,I expect your school break will not come quick enough with all this hot weather.
    Whatever you do, you deserve some 'Me' time. x

Today we went to buy some of that fly material to put over the windows. So now, I do feel like a Prisoner, but hopefully an insect bite free Prisoner.
    My other 8 bites are healing nicely and I had my first day without wearing my hand brace.
    Unfortunately it had to go back on as I hurt it watering the garden pots.

I've had few moments lately of thinking I was going to faint/fall/pass out, but I consciously made a point of carrying on and do something quite physical to prove a point. Each time, thankfully I was OK.
    Probably anxiety reminding me that it has been ignored. I even went to my scary shop today and was absolutely fine. There is an assistant in there that always asks me if I am alright or tells me I look ill.
    She was there today and I purposely left my sunglasses on so she couldn't say anything. As I got more confident, I lowered them down to my nose like a school mam, (no reference to you 23fish ), and waited for her to say something and she didn't, so almost skipped with joy out of that shop.

Try to face your fear as much as you can, even if it is in stages. One step at a time, one foot in front of the other, hold yourself proud and reward yourself however small your challenge.

Until next time.....

Well just caught up again , not been feeling too good this last week it's been like my whole body is on full alert tensed up inside and out , it makes the whole day a lot bloody harder than it needs to be .
    So Friday was breaking up day for the kids , I felt like crap but they needed taking and picking up going into nursery talk about sensory overload loud bright and everybody talking at me ( like the song but not enjoyable ) , later was the real test pick up time on the last day of term , I'd got in a real state at home running around trying to be in too many places at once , so my tale today has a fishy theme apt as 23fish popped in , tensed like a man on death row I plan to go pick up granddaughter but grandson decides he's coming and so is his new football, at the school baking hot he wants to play football while we wait for all the kids to do the farewell tour , so even though I'm dying inside we have a kick about him in a full Derby county kit which he won't take off , then comes the real test I'm called over and granddaughter comes out with two gold fish in a flimsy plastic bag , she's looking after them until next term , I quickly grab the bag which feels like a very overfilled condom with two fish in , my first question is why the hell didn't they double bag them , so a real test of nerve begins walking throughout load of over excited kids with a bag of fish with kids coming up poking the bag , I don't think it counts as an intrusive thought but I kept thinking about the look on their faces if the bag bust it was a bloody long walk to my van , I am starting to think their may be a god after all and he's taking the pi**.
    Still getting up at silly o'clock to earn a crust and it's not gettting any easier with the heat and missed sleep but still plodding on probably out of pure pig headedness.
    Oh and don't judge me too hard on this one as I do have menkal illness but the woman who's dog bit mine the other day came up to my van as I was about to let them out and asked how my dog was so without thinking I said ,,,, " I had to have her put to sleep" then opened the door and let her out , she said " you are a horrible horrible man " she then walked her dog with me and wouldn't bloody shut up .
    Thanks for the mentions you guys take care .

It sounds like your days are one big catch up Buster with everything you have to do.
    I liked your story about the goldfish and probably like others, curious to know what you did with them?
    No doubt you will have another calamity to tell Buster and you tell them so well.
    We might see you on TV at 'The Apollo' if your flea markets dry up.

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 ----------

So, after watching on TV the late Victoria Wood, a very talented and incredibly funny lady. Particularly the bit where she morts in to the keep fit instructor and demonstrates her step aerobics. She wobbles her bits about in the strangest of positions and had me in fits of laughter before going to bed.
    It's just as well, because O/H was watching a film that oozed every category of violence, unfortunately in explicit detail and only categorised a '15'! (My anxiety must be improving, because I would not have even been in the same room watching and hearing something like that 6 months ago).
    Well, this morning I took the plunge to have a look at my body in full in the mirror. It's not something do regularly, if at all. I've always been on the thin side and a bit embarrassed about the way I look. But, as I have gained a little weight recently, I'd thought I'd have a peep.
    And I have come to the conclusion that I am losing my bottom and it has moved to my stomach! (so, that's why my trousers keep falling down).
    I tried pushing my stomach in but it still wouldn't move back to the rear. Which brought me to the attention of my breasts. I'm sure they were much higher than that and they seem to be leaning out to the side? Toning! That's what I need, so off to get a book to get my bum back.

Until next time....

Don't go all Kim Kardashian/Nikki Minaj on us, Carnation?!!

The gold fish are back in a tank and doing fine they probably don't remember the whole experience, wether they will last the six weeks is another thing , grandson will probably take them out to play with them , got a photo of him holding a huge carp he caught with his dad .
    I could never do stand up I'd be terrified people might just laugh at me .
    Forget the bum / tum book just get some Spanx ( I'm such a modern man ) and give your mirror a wipe over with vasaline for soft focus .
    It seems anxiety doesn't want me walking outdoors at the moment, my chest tightens up and it feels like big daddy is sitting on me ( remember wrestling on Saturday afternoons ? ) I'm not sure how to break the cycle I've gotten into , I anticipate it happening and it doesn't like to disappoint, I do like your idea of doing things with your left hand as a distraction and changing routines we are creatures of habit .
    Ps still no bites there must be somthing in the nettle tea .
    Later alligator

: Pulisa, I didn't get a book and once I remembered how hot it was out there, I didn't give a sh*t.
    I'll get some of those panties that push everything up and hopefully it will sort out my chest at the same time.

I like the idea of a soft focus Buster. I might use that one for my face.
    Glad to hear the fish are back in their environment.
    Your breathing is more than likely down to the weather. Dry, hot and humid. I think I remember you saying you haven't had any rain? We haven't here. A total of 6 weeks in the East of England. Although we need a downpour, the thought of ferocious thunder and lightening fills me with the same fear of overheating in 30c heat.
    We are experiencing near enough the same as London at the moment. Even by the sea was 27c today, which is very rare. Climbing to 30c by the end of the week.

As for other things...
    I have now twisted my ankle and it is swollen and difficult to walk on. I remember doing a sudden about turn to avoid getting bitten by yet another hungry insect.
    So I'm left with one hand and one foot at moment.
    I worry the sea is so close that I may be tempted to throw myself in knowing I couldn't save myself with only one hand and foot in action. Unfortunately I have a fear of water, so that's unlikely to happen.

Grumpy Carnation was in full force today.
    Too hot, too sunny, too many people, too noisy, too many screaming kids, too many screaming mums.
    I actually witnessed a father and son fighting over a surfboard today like a tug of war. 'I thought to myself, "Oh, grow up, it's just a toy" and was tempted to walk over and slice it in half for them. If I had a knife at hand, I would have been close to doing that.

Mr C is grumpy too and so is the cat.
    Animals suffer terribly in this heat and they are reliant on humans looking after them. My cat doesn't hold back when he wants something as he is very vocal.

Until next time.....

Apologies for being somewhat silent recently folks, though I have been following your exploits. We are having a rough time as a family right now because our beloved black labrador had developed problems with her hips/back legs around a month to 6 weeks ago. However, lately its become worse though she does have good and bad days.

I spoke to a veterinary practise today and they said the long term maintenance cost for a dog with osteoarthritis or similar problems would be at least £500 a year when you factored in consultations and blood tests. I asked about euthanasia costs which came in at between £120 and £140. It's so difficult deciding when the time is right or even if it is right in the first place. Our son was given her in 2012 and the previous owner said she was 2, though I'm thinking he was telling porkies. Lots to think about, DP/DR has kicked in lately and seems to be anxiety's default symptom now...

Page 39 of 685 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139539 ... LastLast

Thread Information