Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Support thread: Balance Issues/Dizziness/Brain Fog

Re: Support thread: Balance Issues/Dizziness/Brain Fog

Some very interesting responses to this tread - Thank you.

I wish there was a solution, as I sit ready to go home I can feel the dreaded 'head swimming and sinking' sensation lurking in the background. The worst I have felt is the room literally spinning like being drunk - but I had not touched a drop of alocohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Some very interesting responses to this tread - Thank you.

I wish there was a solution, as I sit ready to go home I can feel the dreaded 'head swimming and sinking' sensation lurking in the background. The worst I have felt is the room literally spinning like being drunk - but I had not touched a drop of alocohol.
    Hey Crispy,

The "drunk" feeling is common, as is spinning. I don't get spinning... mine is more of a drunk, bouncy floor... off balance issue. Sometimes when I look up quickly, or cast my eyes up or down, I can get shifting sensastions. (Etc.)

Lots of common symptoms, some of us have one or two... some more.

But it all comes from the same thing... a build-up of stress and habitual worry.
    Some of us may have had a trigger like me... I was working out strenuously and did an inclined exercise and got dizzy and it just stuck around. Others it will come out of the blue or via panic attack.

But, the solution is recognition first, and that can be the hard part. Believing in the condtion and not turning into some boogey man.

I suggest you read through some of the things posted on the thread. (Links)
    There is a mountain of evidence to support that this is just stress related, and that with the right mindset and patience.. it can unwind for all of us.

Hi bchrismar,

The links are excellent and very relevant to what I am many others I expect are experiencing.

Sometime I find exercise helps to reduce the head pressure. On coming home yesterday from work it felt like I had tight belt strapped across my head,later in the evening I went out to play 5-a-side football and coming home felt fine....almost human.

Really interesting link bchrismar, thank you.
    The body and mind are fascinating.

Claire Weekes IS the best. She put me on the path to recovery. The other thing I found brilliant was the website cbt4panic, created by another Weekes fan, and which builds on her approach using cognitive behavioural therapy exercises.

May the force be with us all!

Hello. I've experienced this for many many years. In the beginning I was hospitalized three times it was so bad. It's actually incredible that something like anxiety can cause this symptom. The symptom is 100x worse than the actual anxiety itself. I've learned to distract myself with other activities... and believe me, it works. Do other stuff you enjoy. Keep your mind occupied and engaged. It makes a big difference, I can attest to that.

Bcrismar I've shared the link for the mind body forum on another thread because I've found it so useful

Quote Originally Posted by vicky23 View Post
    Bcrismar I've shared the link for the mind body forum on another thread because I've found it so useful
    Very cool Vicky! TMS is a field of psychology that deals with physical/mental pain caused by psychological/emotional causes. Usually not known to us. Can result in back pain, headaches, anxiety or any number of things. Those who teach, study and follow the developing brach of medicine belive it may be the cause for many many things we simply chalk up to things like "a bad back."

Lots to read and learn about, and relates (IMO) heavily to what most people are going through here. IMO... 99% of the people here are suffering the effects of stress and nothing more. As hard as that is to believe, that is the case.

Stress, CNS taxation and negative emotions/sitautions have devestating effects on our systems. We are taught from an early age to run for the medicine cabinet, but new science is revealing better ways.

I get similar symptoms but they usually come in the form of a head rush. Like I fell a few feet very suddenly and then I get a zap or a tickle into my stomach. It lasts maybe a second. Scares the daylights out of me. I was getting them more frequently a few months ago but they subsided after I had my yearly physical. Had a run up of blood tests which all came back normal and started the tapering process for my anxiety meds. Now within the last week or so, after two months of being pretty much anxiety free, these feelings are creeping back. It's almost like I'm relapsing......

First thing that starts popping into my mind is abnormally low blood pressure, heart problems, diabetes, neurological disorder. Just read an article about an 18 year old college freshman football player who suddenly died while doing light workouts during practice. Peak physical condition in the prime of his life and he drops dead from a little bit of cardio. It's things like that that enhance my feelings of dread when these symptoms arise.

But threads like these help bring me back down to earth. So thank you for posting this.

Mark

Hi Mark,

The great news is what you describe sounds like our old friend stress visiting you and letting you know things are out of line. I say good news because stress is never dangrous. It produces anxiety which of course can feel awful, but if we react and worry... it only makes it worse.

Hang in there, de-stress and work the strategies taught by Claire Weekes, Paul David and others and continiue to treat it as a non-dangerous entity and it will always pass.

For some of us the dizzy stretches last longer and are constant, but I believe the treatment/approach is always the same.

Be well.

Quote Originally Posted by bchrismar View Post
    Hi Mark,

The great news is what you describe sounds like our old friend stress visiting you and letting you know things are out of line.

Thank you for the response

I often wonder though, why do I get these feelings when I am not in a state of stress or panic? I can be having a fine time and then I get hit with a head rush or a feeling of lightheadedness that can last for hours. Then I feel as though I am forced to take a clonazepam.

Right now I am in the early stages of neurofeedback therapy and meditation/mindfulness experiences. It's slow going but I am hoping this becomes an end all to my medications and panic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information