Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can't believe this

I can't believe this

Constant headaches
    Pain in neck, shoulders, arm, almost everywhere including chest
    Feeling sick.
    not sleeping, one hour mostly
    now feeling depressed.
    How can someone feel so awful and yet Dr just saying it is HA .and not sympathetic,
    Can anyone relate to this, life is getting so frightening
    Looking forward to replies, I hope there will be one, feel so lonely.

Re: I can't believe this

When the doctor says it's anxiety, that is a diagnosis. You have a condition that comes with a set of symptoms. You're not being fobbed off. The doctor is looking at the evidence and using his or her expertise to give a diagnosis. Every symptom you describe is very easily explained by anxiety.

Thank you for your reply, I am sure you are right, but sometimes one needs reassurance,
    I was in Waitrose this morning and a sudden pain shot through my left breast and took my breath away, I thought "here we go again" can't wait until monday,

Are you getting any help for your anxiety? It's a treatable disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by welsh girl View Post
    sometimes one needs reassurance
    Everyone needs a little reassurance now and again but reassurance to a HA sufferer is like crack to an addict. It sometimes help for a little while but the fear returns or you move onto another fear and need more and more and more.

Part of healing from HA is breaking the habits associated with it (Googling, self examination, reassurance seeking etc.).

As server said, there is help. It's up to you to seek it.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Are you not sleeping because of anxiety or because of the pain? Is it the worry keeping you awake or the neck pain etc?

Was the pain in Waitrose following a sudden burst of anxiety or was it responding to the cold air? When did it get better?

Thank you fishmanpa for your post, so sensible, i never sleep very well these days, yesterday was worried about my neck pain and the concerns that go with it.
    i don't usually say this but am worried that I might leave my husband on his own as he is not very well although five years younger than me,
    I am told that he would cope, but I constantly worry about that.
    The pain in my heart has happened before recently but today was sudden and although only lasted a couple of minutes, was very frightening,
    I have narrowing of the heart arteries and told to seek medical help if out of breath or chest pain this was bad advice for a HA sufferer,
    About a month ago my Husband called the Paramedics to me and they gave me an ECG which was o.k. they thought it was muscular.
    I felt I had to explain my fear , than you everybody

I get terrible stress headaches, I think I have one now but also think I"m having a heart attack, but it makes me eyes weird, my shoulders hurt, my neck hurts and i feel like I've got a rubber band around my head - sound familiar?!

Do they not treat the narrowing with a stent?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I was so relieved to get your reply Tan, That is exactly what it is like for me, I feel I am going mad as well as the other things I mentioned,
    Tension has a lot to answer for.
    Nicola, you asked the question I asked the Dr, and he said " No" in so many words.
    perhaps he did not think I was young enough!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information