Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 LastLast

Thread: "Dr google will see you now!!!"

Re: "Dr google will see you now!!!"

I am really having a bad time with my anxiety, trying not to google, but worry about every symptom etc. also google about my teeth problems.

I been told not to go overboard with self checking, every single detail by my Dad

I am worried about a small pimple/spot on my nose what I found yesterday, scared this is cancer

It is not cancer at all.

Are you getting any help yet?

I have said on your own thread that sitting on here posting symptoms all day is not going to help.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    It is not cancer at all.

Are you getting any help yet?

I have said on your own thread that sitting on here posting symptoms all day is not going to help.

Still waiting to hear from IAPT, doing group therapy once a fortnight. doing some one to one stuff but not really impress

So I see I lot of posts from those with vague symptoms which go after a few days usually where people think they’re serious (cancer etc.) and most of the time, if not all of the time, it’s HA related.

Now, I know I too have HA and I’m seeking the relevant help. But, I have a problem atm which is a localised hoarseness in my voice which is worse when I speak. I’ve had this issue for 5 months now and all tests come back clean. Obviously my HA tells me it must be cancer as it’s still here after 5 months... so how do people cope with genuine physical symptoms which persist for months on end when no cause has been found? This isn’t in my head so thinking positive thoughts ain’t making it go away. How do I deal with this issue which may never go away when I don’t know what the cause is?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's so true, I think people want a quick fix diagnose before going to the doctor because they have to wait until the next couple of days or so when they will see them. That's what I do anyway but breaking this habit will probably make a huge improvement and a big step towards recovery in everybodys case

The new worst thing about Google is the google news app on my phone! Since Google tracks what you search for to curate news, any time I feel anxious and google something (or even if it's a genuinely innocent google) I end up getting a million articles about it! For example, I googled the romaine lettuce recall a few times since I eat a lot of salad and I also have anxiety surrounding foodborne illness. This seemed like a legit thing to do so I knew when the recall was over/what I should avoid. Well, thanks to that, now Google shows me ever food safety problem and every recall!! My daughter had a tick earlier this summer so I'd Googled to see what type it was and what to do with it. Something anyone would do! Well, now I get all the articles about the new, terrifying tick and insect-borne diseases that are killing people today! It's like a feedback loop of doom!! I had to stop checking Google news because of this. Even though you can set preferences, there weren't enough specific settings to stop it from doing this. Oy.

---------- Post added at 23:02 ---------- Previous post was at 22:58 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crispyswinger1 View Post

Now, I know I too have HA and I’m seeking the relevant help. But, I have a problem atm which is a localised hoarseness in my voice which is worse when I speak. I’ve had this issue for 5 months now and all tests come back clean. Obviously my HA tells me it must be cancer as it’s still here after 5 months... so how do people cope with genuine physical symptoms which persist for months on end when no cause has been found? This isn’t in my head so thinking positive thoughts ain’t making it go away. How do I deal with this issue which may never go away when I don’t know what the cause is?
    If I were in your shoes I'd make sure I had my doctor lay out exactly what he/she thought might be causing it and the fact that its existence is not in itself a cause for concern since all the tests done were clear. I'd then start seeing my therapist to work out ways of dealing with the fact that I may have this symptom for a while. I'd need ways to stop obsessing about it and start believing that it's nothing to worry about.

Hi im new to the site and ive been diagnosed with saver anxiety and stres, ive got symtoms thats match throat cancer on google ive been freaking out ever since ive made over 15 appointments with the doctors since googling symptoms i wish there was no such thing as google! :(

Google has me convinced that I am a medical wonder. Up doing jumping jacks but I have sepsis according to them. I got so convinced I had it the other day that I had tests for it. The results are still out. So, I am worked up over them. Even though I have felt like this for three weeks with varying symptoms.

But, I have been able to walk fast/run and excercise some. So, it's probably not sepsis.

The doctors tested me even though they said that it was just because I was concerned about it. They wasn't. They said that I probably don't have anything to worry about. Also my CBC was good and my lactic was negative.

I worried about the feeling in my butt again and itchy think it either bowel cancer or anal cancer (more likely Haemorrhoids as I think I strain before I went on holiday) I do spent a lot of time sitting on my butt

Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 LastLast

Thread Information