Thread: Can someone please reassure me/I am having severe anxiety after reading this article.

Can someone please reassure me/I am having severe anxiety after reading this article.

I just found this article. You only have to read Page 1 to understand why I am petrified that I may have cancer. It sounds exactly like what I have been describing since joining this website 3 years ago this month.

PLEASE help me with any advice or reassurance.
    This is seriously worried me now to the point of hysteria.
    Last edited by Elen; 04-11-16 at 15:33. Reason: Link Removed

Re: Can someone please reassure me/I am having severe anxiety after reading this arti

Google will tell you a sniffle is cancer. Best to remove that link as it may trigger others.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Can someone please reassure me/I am having severe anxiety after reading this arti

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Google will tell you a sniffle is cancer. Best to remove that link as it may trigger others.

Positive thoughts
    Hi FMP. I am so scared.

Have you been to see your doctor about your worry?

Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Have you been to see your doctor about your worry?
    No I only just read it about 20 minutes ago.

If you are worried about it, see your doctor cgemc. that's my advice, maybe you could have some tests done.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    If you are worried about it, see your doctor cgemc. that's my advice, maybe you could have some tests done.
    I've had tests done and seen my GP in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by cjemc View Post
    No I only just read it about 20 minutes ago.
    Reminds me of the book "Three men in a boat" by Jerome K. Jerome where, at the outset, the story goes
    With me, it was my liver that was out of order. I knew it was my liver that was out of order, because I had just been reading a patent liver-pill circular, in which were detailed the various symptoms by which a man could tell when his liver was out of order. I had them all.
    I remember going to the British Museum one day to read up the treatment for some slight ailment of which I had a touch — hay fever, I fancy it was. I got down the book, and read all I came to read; and then, in an unthinking moment, I idly turned the leaves, and began to indolently study diseases, generally. I forget which was the first distemper I plunged into -...
    I plodded conscientiously through the twenty-six letters, and the only malady I could conclude I had not got was housemaid’s knee.
    I felt rather hurt about this at first; it seemed somehow to be a sort of slight. Why hadn’t I got housemaid’s knee? Why this invidious reservation?

Here it is, the book: https://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/j/jer.../chapter1.html

That said, seeing a doctor might be a good start, but not to think too much of the various symptoms you might pick up on the Internet.

I also get very triggered by articles, TV programmes etc. What helps me is to rationalise; it's IMPOSSIBLE for me to get cancer DIRECTLY from reading an article. My risk does not increase because of a few words on a screen or a few noises from a TV. That's scientific FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by JosieLouise View Post
    I also get very triggered by articles, TV programmes etc. What helps me is to rationalise; it's IMPOSSIBLE for me to get cancer DIRECTLY from reading an article. My risk does not increase because of a few words on a screen or a few noises from a TV. That's scientific FACT.
    I do not fear getting anything wrong with me just by reading it.
    What I mean is that the article written sounds exactly like what I have had for the past 5 years hence the reason I am panicking because unlike the author I haven't been able to have an endoscopy.

Thread Information