Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Describe what YOUR dizziness feels like??

Re: Does Caffeine Bring On Vertigo?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Re: Describe what YOUR dizziness feels like??

I have this rocking/swaying sensation like I’m on a boat. It started after a panic attack due to finding blood on the toilet. It’s pretty constant. I’ve had it 2 years now. Sometimes after a long car journey it gets worse and feel like inside my body is a roaring sea of waves. My feet will feel like they’re going up and down on a seasaw/bouncy on a trampoline. Horrible horrible symptom.

I get different kinds of dizziness- sometimes I feel like the world is tilting and I am off balance, sometimes I feel an almost minor version of the spins you would get if you've had too much to drink.

I pinch my right wrist to try to center myself. That helps.

Mine is definitely the walking on a boat sensation! Also tend to fee like walls are moving slightly or the floor.

Just been out on the dog walk and walking through a very uneven, hilly field, looking ahead into the distance me feel like the world was wobbling.

Most frustrating symptom I've ever encountered, so hard to go about your daily business!

Walking on a boat during a storm. I often get a sensation of dropping, like all of a sudden I'm falling out of a plane. Benzos help a bit.

For the people who have the rocking on a boat sensation - does it get better in a car? Also, do you feel worse sitting at a table, or in restaurants/crowded places? How do you feel you get out of a car? Does the length of the journey make a difference?

Head buzzing/shaking feelings + dizziness?

Like I can not explain it well. It has been for a few days now and mimics having a borderline panic attack due to dizziness. It feels like a fine vibration or numbness on the front or back of head and seems exacerbated or brought out when looking up or looking down. Similar to if you were to flip your head upside down for a long time and then you sit upright again and get that head rush feel....however there is no blood flow discrepancy. Problem is that I didn't have prior anxiety to induce it, but I do have slight anxiety as a result of it... so for that reason...it is really hard for me to tell myself "this is from anxiety" and not "there is something really wrong". It feels like I have low blood pressure in my brain or something.

Re: Head buzzing/shaking feelings + dizziness?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahnadine View Post
    Like I can not explain it well. It has been for a few days now and mimics having a borderline panic attack due to dizziness. It feels like a fine vibration or numbness on the front or back of head and seems exacerbated or brought out when looking up or looking down. Similar to if you were to flip your head upside down for a long time and then you sit upright again and get that head rush feel....however there is no blood flow discrepancy. Problem is that I didn't have prior anxiety to induce it, but I do have slight anxiety as a result of it... so for that reason...it is really hard for me to tell myself "this is from anxiety" and not "there is something really wrong". It feels like I have low blood pressure in my brain or something.
    Yes, it is an anxiety symptom, and when you feel dizzy, the body will naturally react to that feeling and cause more anxiety and fear. It's a vicious cycle. The anxiety can bring on the dizziness and the dizziness can bring on the anxiety. You have to work on not allowing a fear response to the dizziness but also must find ways to admit you have anxiety, not fear it and also find ways to begin to understand and help your anxiety.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pinkyd View Post
    Yes, it is an anxiety symptom, and when you feel dizzy, the body will naturally react to that feeling and cause more anxiety and fear. It's a vicious cycle. The anxiety can bring on the dizziness and the dizziness can bring on the anxiety. You have to work on not allowing a fear response to the dizziness but also must find ways to admit you have anxiety, not fear it and also find ways to begin to understand and help your anxiety.

Thank you for your response. I just don't understand. This happens while I am sleeping even, comfortable and in the middle of a dream. It happens when I am not even anxiety ridden..

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahnadine View Post
    Thank you for your response. I just don't understand. This happens while I am sleeping even, comfortable and in the middle of a dream. It happens when I am not even anxiety ridden..
    I know. It's really hard to understand what the anxiety and chemicals it releases are doing to our bodies, especially when we're relaxed and not expecting a response. You're going through a hard emotional time and its left you worried about your own health. I can suggest going to anxietycentre.com and scrolling down to the bottom of the page where there is 9 colored boxes. One is anxiety symptoms and it describes the symptoms you're having. It may help you to read and know that others have your same symptoms. It helped me a lot. Also, you have to acknowledge your grief. Loss does this to us, and leaves a lot of questions. It makes us think a lot more about everything.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information