Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Melanoma - Referral to dermatologist

Re: Melanoma - Referral to dermatologist

This response made me feel allot better, I have weak moments and moments of some clarity... this morning was hard. I my neck was really tender and I could only think it was my lymph nodes..and melanoma had spread.. health anxiety isa joy.. I am trying to centre myself and enjoy life despite these worries and fears. Also trying to believe the doctor about things that they have said are fine..

I'm scared that I have nodular melanoma but doctor says it is a skin tag

Hey guys.. I'm freaking out. ALLOT!

like I'm a mess.

I have been worried about this mole for a year... I went to the doctor last year and he said that it was nothing.. but didn't give much of an explanation he said maybe acne.. but it wasn't acne it never went away.. but I was convinced that if it was serious he would notice it.. then I read this article about nodular melanoma looking like acne *SHREEEK* this is what brought me to the doctor last week again.. one year later.. she said she thought it was a pigmented skin tag and wasn't worried. I was relieved for a day.. but she also pointed out two moles she was slightly concerned about.. putting me on a sorry cycle

I haven't even gotten the date for the dermatologist.. pretty much convinced I'm dying anyway.. as I've had all of these moles for idk how long..

---------- Post added at 23:23 ---------- Previous post was at 23:21 ----------

Also: I read that skin tags go away.. and I'm pretty convinced that this growth.. has grown.

Oh and on another magical note my right side of my neck is tender to touch and I am convinced that my lymph nodes are swollen... although I can't feel them.. thank god.

Re: I'm scared that I have nodular melanoma but doctor says it is a skin tag

my skin tags don't go away unless they are burned off.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

skin cancer does not mean you are dying by the way - not that you have even been diagnosed

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Melanoma - Referral to dermatologist

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    my skin tags don't go away unless they are burned off.
    You can tie some thread tightly around skin tags, leave them and they will just drop off in a week or so ... very easy and cheap to do

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    You can tie some thread tightly around skin tags, leave them and they will just drop off in a week or so ... very easy and cheap to do
    OMG really????

OP- melanoma fears are the worst. I hope you get this resolved soon. I have had 10 suspicious moles removed, all ended up benign. That is the more likely scenario by far!

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post

Yeah I was told that but mine are so small it is really hard to do that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information