Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Questionnaire for Health Anxiety sufferers :)

Questionnaire for Health Anxiety sufferers :)

1. Do you ever worry about your health?

2. Are you ever worried that you might get a serious illness in the future?

3. Does the thought of a serious illness ever scare you?

4. When you feel an unpleasent feeling in your body, do you find it hard to stop focusing on it?

5. Do you ever examine your body to find out whether there is anything wrong?

6. If you have an ache or a pain, do you ever worry it could be caused by a serious illness?

7. Do you find it difficult to keep worries about your health out of your mind?

8. When you get up in the morning do you immediatly start thinking about your health?

9. when you hear of a serious illness or death of someone you know, does it ever make you more concerned about your own health?

10. when you read or hear about an illness on tv or radio does it ever make you think you may be suffering from that illness?

11. when you experience unpleasant feelings in your body do you tend to ask friends or family about them?

12. do you tend to read up about illness and diseases to see if you may be suffering from one?

13. do you ever feel afraid of news that reminds you of death (such as funerals, obituary notices)?

14. do you ever feel afraid that you may die soon?

15. do you ever feel afraid that you may have cancer?

16. do you ever feel afraid that you might have heart disease?

17. do you ever feel afraid that you may have any other serious illness? which illness?

18. have your bodily symptoms stopped you from working during the past six months or so?

19. do your bodily symptoms stop you from concentrating on what you are doing?

20. do your bodily symptoms stop you from enjoying yourself?

Just copy and paste and add your answers, you can write how bad it is after each question if you would like. I just wanted an overview if people feel like i do. Thankyou

Re: Questionnaire for Health Anxiety sufferers :)

1. Do you ever worry about your health? All the time

2. Are you ever worried that you might get a serious illness in the future? Yes

3. Does the thought of a serious illness ever scare you? Definately

4. When you feel an unpleasent feeling in your body, do you find it hard to stop focusing on it? All the time

5. Do you ever examine your body to find out whether there is anything wrong? Yepp constantly

6. If you have an ache or a pain, do you ever worry it could be caused by a serious illness? Yes

7. Do you find it difficult to keep worries about your health out of your mind? Yes

8. When you get up in the morning do you immediatly start thinking about your health? Yes

9. when you hear of a serious illness or death of someone you know, does it ever make you more concerned about your own health? Yes

10. when you read or hear about an illness on tv or radio does it ever make you think you may be suffering from that illness? Yes

11. when you experience unpleasant feelings in your body do you tend to ask friends or family about them? All the time

12. do you tend to read up about illness and diseases to see if you may be suffering from one? Yes

13. do you ever feel afraid of news that reminds you of death (such as funerals, obituary notices)? Yes

14. do you ever feel afraid that you may die soon? All the time

15. do you ever feel afraid that you may have cancer? Yes

16. do you ever feel afraid that you might have heart disease? Yes

17. do you ever feel afraid that you may have any other serious illness? which illness? Meningitus, Tumours, Stomach Ulcers, Blood Clots, Cancer and many more lol.

18. have your bodily symptoms stopped you from working during the past six months or so? Yes

19. do your bodily symptoms stop you from concentrating on what you are doing? Yes

20. do your bodily symptoms stop you from enjoying yourself? Yes

1. Do you ever worry about your health? yes

2. Are you ever worried that you might get a serious illness in the future?yes

3. Does the thought of a serious illness ever scare you?yes

4. When you feel an unpleasent feeling in your body, do you find it hard to stop focusing on it? yes!!!

5. Do you ever examine your body to find out whether there is anything wrong?yes

6. If you have an ache or a pain, do you ever worry it could be caused by a serious illness? yes

7. Do you find it difficult to keep worries about your health out of your mind? yes

8. When you get up in the morning do you immediatly start thinking about your health?yes

9. when you hear of a serious illness or death of someone you know, does it ever make you more concerned about your own health?all the time yes

10. when you read or hear about an illness on tv or radio does it ever make you think you may be suffering from that illness?yes

11. when you experience unpleasant feelings in your body do you tend to ask friends or family about them?yea

12. do you tend to read up about illness and diseases to see if you may be suffering from one?yes

13. do you ever feel afraid of news that reminds you of death (such as funerals, obituary notices)?
    yes
    14. do you ever feel afraid that you may die soon?yes

15. do you ever feel afraid that you may have cancer?yes

16. do you ever feel afraid that you might have heart disease?yes

17. do you ever feel afraid that you may have any other serious illness? which illness?yes

18. have your bodily symptoms stopped you from working during the past six months or so?yes

19. do your bodily symptoms stop you from concentrating on what you are doing?yes

20. do your bodily symptoms stop you from enjoying yourself?yes

1. Do you ever worry about your health? - a lot (sometimes i have a bad few weeks other times better)

2. Are you ever worried that you might get a serious illness in the future? yes

3. Does the thought of a serious illness ever scare you? yes

4. When you feel an unpleasent feeling in your body, do you find it hard to stop focusing on it? sometimes

5. Do you ever examine your body to find out whether there is anything wrong? somtimes

6. If you have an ache or a pain, do you ever worry it could be caused by a serious illness? yes

7. Do you find it difficult to keep worries about your health out of your mind? most of the time- sometimes i can

8. When you get up in the morning do you immediatly start thinking about your health? depends on if i need to get ready to go to college

9. when you hear of a serious illness or death of someone you know, does it ever make you more concerned about your own health? sometimes- depends on what it is

10. when you read or hear about an illness on tv or radio does it ever make you think you may be suffering from that illness? Yes! lol

11. when you experience unpleasant feelings in your body do you tend to ask friends or family about them? friends- not family

12. do you tend to read up about illness and diseases to see if you may be suffering from one? No- i used to

13. do you ever feel afraid of news that reminds you of death (such as funerals, obituary notices)? not really- maybe sometimes

14. do you ever feel afraid that you may die soon? yes

15. do you ever feel afraid that you may have cancer? rarley but sometimes

16. do you ever feel afraid that you might have heart disease? no

17. do you ever feel afraid that you may have any other serious illness? which illness? blood clots and strokes

18. have your bodily symptoms stopped you from working during the past six months or so? no

19. do your bodily symptoms stop you from concentrating on what you are doing? sometimes not really though- i can still concentrate at college

20. do your bodily symptoms stop you from enjoying yourself? sometimes

Hey without trying to spoil this thred... but anyone who suffers from health anxiety ofcourse would answer yes to pretty much all the Q's lol... we will hardly find anything new!

Its as pointless as this questionaire for a fat kid ...

1) do you like cake
    2) do you like mcdonalds

etc etc

Hey.

Well this is for a personal reference and it's my post i can write what i like on it. Thankyou for your sarcastic reply though!

You can have your say but the fat bit is out of line. not all people that are fat are fat cause they choose to be- it can be down to illness

1. Do you ever worry about your health? All the time

2. Are you ever worried that you might get a serious illness in the future? I think i have one now nevermind in the future

3. Does the thought of a serious illness ever scare you? Yes

4. When you feel an unpleasent feeling in your body, do you find it hard to stop focusing on it? Yes

5. Do you ever examine your body to find out whether there is anything wrong? Yes

6. If you have an ache or a pain, do you ever worry it could be caused by a serious illness? Yes

7. Do you find it difficult to keep worries about your health out of your mind? If i am really busy everything is normally sweet and rosy but yes i struggle.

8. When you get up in the morning do you immediatly start thinking about your health? Yes

9. when you hear of a serious illness or death of someone you know, does it ever make you more concerned about your own health? Yes

10. when you read or hear about an illness on tv or radio does it ever make you think you may be suffering from that illness? Yes

11. when you experience unpleasant feelings in your body do you tend to ask friends or family about them? No

12. do you tend to read up about illness and diseases to see if you may be suffering from one? yes but i am trying my best to avoid google now.

13. do you ever feel afraid of news that reminds you of death (such as funerals, obituary notices)? Yes

14. do you ever feel afraid that you may die soon? When i turned 30 all i could think about was when i was going to.

15. do you ever feel afraid that you may have cancer? It's such a publicised illness so all HA will say yes

16. do you ever feel afraid that you might have heart disease? I have yes

17. do you ever feel afraid that you may have any other serious illness? which illness? -

18. have your bodily symptoms stopped you from working during the past six months or so? Yes

19. do your bodily symptoms stop you from concentrating on what you are doing? Yes

20. do your bodily symptoms stop you from enjoying yourself? Yes

qrydem198 - can you please find a better comparison than that and edit the post please as it could upset some people.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

1. Do you ever worry about your health?

Yes but only because of symptoms lol

2. Are you ever worried that you might get a serious illness in the future?

I kind of assume I will get something as I age, but at the moment not worried.

3. Does the thought of a serious illness ever scare you?

Not Really

4. When you feel an unpleasent feeling in your body, do you find it hard to stop focusing on it?

well it depends on the symptom, but I tend to try and ignore it and find a distraction.

5. Do you ever examine your body to find out whether there is anything wrong?

No, because I'll find something which more than likely is nothing and panic about it!

6. If you have an ache or a pain, do you ever worry it could be caused by a serious illness?

Most of the time no,

7. Do you find it difficult to keep worries about your health out of your mind?

when I a not having symptoms I'm ok.

8. When you get up in the morning do you immediatly start thinking about your health?

No unless I have a symptom,

9. when you hear of a serious illness or death of someone you know, does it ever make you more concerned about your own health?

It makes me wonder if I have it!

10. when you read or hear about an illness on tv or radio does it ever make you think you may be suffering from that illness?

It makes me remember the symptoms, just in case I get it and doctors will miss it! I watch too much House.

11. when you experience unpleasant feelings in your body do you tend to ask friends or family about them?

Never, I tend to come on here, or if I really feel unwell I'll go to my doctor but not over general anxiety symptoms.

12. do you tend to read up about illness and diseases to see if you may be suffering from one?

Nope because it will scare me! I hate when I come across such things by accident. I do how ever enjoy reading about mental health.

NO

14. do you ever feel afraid that you may die soon?

i'm afraid of dying ever1

15. do you ever feel afraid that you may have cancer?

That's one thing I haven't worried about so far. I also assume it will show up in a blood test which I know isn't always the case, but ignorance is bliss.

16. do you ever feel afraid that you might have heart disease?

No had my heart checked out so that reassures me.

17. do you ever feel afraid that you may have any other serious illness? which illness?

I don't tend to focus on illness, mainly symptoms and the fear of them getting worse.

18. have your bodily symptoms stopped you from working during the past six months or so?

I don't work! but am having problems with my wisdom teeth plus 100 symptoms that go with it plus pain so that sucks big time at the moment.

19. do your bodily symptoms stop you from concentrating on what you are doing?

sometimes

20. do your bodily symptoms stop you from enjoying yourself?
    haha yeah, the do, new symptoms are the worst for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information