Thread: anafranil and panic

anafranil and panic

I have been taking these meds for 2 days now, and have some symptoms of side effects which aren't pleasant, but the one side effect which made me panicky tonight was that i felt my heart sort of flutter, but i checked my heartbeat and it was beating quite slow, which then made me panic, even though i was panicking my heart rate didnt really pick up, and its worrying me, i am only on 50mg the dr wanted to put me on 150mg but no way i want to take that much...Paul

Paul

The only thing I could find about this symptom is ...

See physician if severe: Blurred vision, constipation, drowsiness, dry mouth, increased appetite, insomnia, nausea, or racing heartbeat / palpitations.

If I was you I would make a quick call to NHS direct and they can check it out for you.

Nicola

Thanx, D phoned dr, said stay on 2 and make an appointment, i have some side effects but this is the worse one, and the fact that its makin me so lethargic that i cant be bothered to do anything, paul

Hi paul, I started on anafranil about 25 years ago and didnt notice no symptoms at all (but was to ill to notice anything at the time). I started on 150mg and that was the first and only antidepresant i have ever been on. i am only on 20mg now. But far as i remember i dont think i had any bad efects. I thought the effects only came with ssris. goes to show how we are all different and different meds effect different people in different ways. Vernon

Paul

Good news that he said it was ok.

I don't know why they make drugs that make us feel worse lol.

Hope you get better soon.

Nicola

God i don't which is worse the panic and anxiety or the side effects, i feel real weird not myself, got no go, just lye there in bed have to force myself to get up, heart still feels fluttery and i dont feel like eating, i have got the Dr's on friday, to see what they say, i know i have to give them time to work but this is awful.. Paul

Paul

Maybe you should do just that for a few days - lay around, relax (if you can) and chill. Try not to do too much and let the tablets settle in.

As you have probably read on here, meds take a couple of weeks to settle down and until then you may feel worse I am afraid.

If you really can't face the side-effects then I would definitely tell the doc as you may just be not suited to these particular ones.

Nicola

Hiya Paul hun, Ive just been readin your posts, Im really sorry you have felt like this an I havent been there for you.
    If id have known I would have text or rang.
    I hope you are ok now hun.
    Keep in touch. Text me soon.xxx

Hi Kelly, How are you?? I am not too bad at the moment, again trying to cope with no meds although i have been prescribed citalopram, holding off it at the moment, have has some small anxiety attacks, but only one biggish panic attack which i controlled with diazepam, the good thing is i don't even take that frequently at the moment, maybe once every week or 2...
    Thanks for enquiring how i am, speak to you soon, Paul xxx

Thread Information