Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breast Tenderness - Really Scared

Breast Tenderness - Really Scared

I have been having breast tenderness for the past month, I usually get it only right before my period. I went to my Doctor and he did an exam and can't find lumps, but he still wants me to get a mamogram.

I am so scared! Has anyone been thru this before.

Re: Breast Tenderness - Really Scared

Hi, I tried to post a reply earlier but the PC crashed!

My best friend has suffered from breast tenderness for a long time. Like you it's usually before a period but there are other times when it's all month long. She has recently started taking Evening Primrose Oil and has noticed an improvement.

The other thing is that I had probs with breast pain a few years ago that was caused by ligament pain (loads of ligaments supporting the breast). I still find that i get tenderness from time to time from the ligaments so make sure I get measured for bras etc.

I suspect that your doctor is just covering all possibilites - especially as he examined you and you don't have any lumps. If you were in the UK you'd probably not even be offered a mammogram but I know they do things differently in your part of the world. Hope that helps a bit.

Red face Re: Breast Tenderness - Really Scared

Thanks so much for the reply! I guess I tend to get really worried about the littlest things! I really appreciate your reply.

yes i get this , ended up having mamogram cos i did have a lump and it was all glandular, the doctor told me to eat grapefruits to help it but i hate grapefruit. Also doc said after the age of 30 woman start to get this problem all month round sometimes and its hormone related , sometimes progesterone cream helps with it, it helped reduced my tenderness but its expensive to buy.

good luck with it all im sure your fine.

I had exactly the same as you 18 months ago. I noticed that my breasts were remaining tender after my period so was a little concerned. Went off to the doctor who sent me to the breast clinic. They were not overly worried but said that as I was there then it would be a good idea to have a mammogram - I was 38 at the time

Anyway, it all turned out fine and he advised taking EPO, however I haven't and have just put up with it although I've now just started taking B6. Apparently from your mid 30's your breasts go through changes (again)!. I find now that it's very common for me to get tender mid cycle which means I'm now only getting about 7/10 days pain free and this has been happening for the last 6 months or so. I now find that the outer quadrant of my right breast gets painly and last week it was terrible but it's gone now that I've had my period. I'm learning to cope with the fact that my body is probably going through more changes.

Thanks!

Could you be pregnant?

Forgot to mention, a herbal pill from the chemist called Aqua ban can help this problem, it gets rid of the inflamation caused by excess fluid retention.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycool2 View Post
    I have been having breast tenderness for the past month, I usually get it only right before my period. I went to my Doctor and he did an exam and can't find lumps, but he still wants me to get a mamogram.

I am so scared! Has anyone been thru this before.
    I think most Dr's just routinely send you for a mammogram just to cover themselves really. I am sure what you are experiencing is just hormonal. I know I had it once years ago and the Dr recommended I go on the pill. I was too scared to take it so just carried on with the tenderness and in time it did go away on it's own. Hope you get it sorted out soon so that they can set your mind at rest.

If it is before your period it is very likely to be hormone related. Mine get a little tender then.

Don't worry about the mammogram - treat it as research project so you can come back here to tell us all about it!

Hugs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information