Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shaky hands, weakness, lightheaded & sudden urge to eat

Re: Shaky hands, weakness, lightheaded & sudden urge to eat

Hi all......Im 59 (male) and just joined the Forum. I occasionally suffer these exact same symptoms. Although this happens to me maybe only a few times each year, they are still scary an debilitating , though only for short periods. I shake mainly in hands, sweat lightly BUT have this overwhelming HUNGER and weakness. Has anyone yet received a definitive diagnosis?? Kiaora fron NZ.

Hi all! I've just joined and hope someone is still reading this thread as I see the previous post was a long time ago!

I don't suffer at all from panic attacks and was directed here when I searched on 'trembling and sweating attacks' because that's what I get. Sometimes they will come when I've been doing something extra strenuous (like heavy digging in the garden), sometimes when I've been rushing around and sometimes for no apparent reason at all. Like other posters here, I've mentioned these attacks to my GP but all my tests are normal. BP is slightly elevated but controlled by medication.

What I find is that if I don't notice in time and sit down/rest straight away, the shaking and sweating get worse and worse. Eventually I end up with perspiration pouring off me and it is as this point that the trembling dies down. Sitting down for half an hour or so with a cup of tea and something sweet will bring me back to normal, but I'd obviously prefer these attacks not to happen!

If I do realise early on that one of these is starting, I stop whatever I'm doing and sit down for a while, if possible. I'm getting better at recognising the early signs, which helps.

Something I have had for years without any problems is an occasional extra systole (ectopic heart beat) and wondering now if this is connected. At my age (76) I guess anything like that might have more effect than it did when I was younger.

I'll be interested to see if there are any replies to this.

Has anyone gotten a diagnosis for these symptoms? My mother experiences these episodes very often and we've gone to almosy every kind of Doctor and are still seeking answers. Please help if you can. Thank you all so much.

- Omar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information