Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990

Thread: Getting there slowly....

Re: Getting there slowly....

Hi Primula, I was doing ok for a couple of weeks but back to feeling low and therefor feeling quite exposed and vulnerable to potential symptoms that may arise.. I seem to be keeping a close eye on my daughter lately, watching out for triedness and bruising on her - my Heath anxiety was never really focused on my children before.

I'm feeling low episodes quite often lately so thinking that I may be depressed - it's the sort of low feeling I ended up having when I thought I was dying everyday a couple of years ago but without any health scares... or maybe it's my dragon is telling me I am depressed? It's a tricky one. I don't feel low all the time but when I do get that feeling it can hit me any time, any place and takes mental energy to push the low feeling away. Looking at me you would think I'm absolutely fine - especially when I'm at work.

I need to find some sort of online cbt I think ...

I'm alright though, still working, plodding on with the kids, baby bump giving me lots of sickness and fatigue!
    We're going on holiday in a couple of weeks but to be honest can't even be bothered to shop for any nice clothes or even look forward to it - again think this is connected with the low mood.

How are you doing? Hope you have managed to get back on track or have a plan to get it under control? Xxx

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

Just looking back on the thread - I would love to know how fj2014, luc, winsos and the rest are.... I've just looked on their profiles seems they haven't posted in a while. Hopefully they are living lives to the full now - but also hope they check back in one time so say hello! X

Well I've booked to see my GP this morning as I want to restart my therapy. I responded so well to CBT last time and know it can get me back on track.

I have had an eventful couple of weeks symptom wise. It was my little girl I was worried about last week and now I'm getting pains at the side of my head - no guessing what I'm fearing this time! It's getting ridiculous and I'm refusing to go down that slippery slope. I want to be feeling my best when my baby is born which I know I will be.

I'm feeling like I have a head start this time round and feeling positive about the steps I'm making to get it sorted.

Will update soon xxx

Hi Rosie Bee. I'm doing ok, I'm back with my counsellor, only seeing her about once every 5 weeks. I'm also attacking my thoughts with CBT and thought record sheets. I've also realised that my HA flares up after I've had extended periods of stress which I have this past few months. I need to recognise this when it's happening and get in quick with rational thoughts. The stress can even be about nice things like hols or having the house redecorated. It seems I tend to forget to look after myself and push myself too hard, which then results in burn out.

I think an online course is a good idea, especially if you've already had CBT therapy, you'll have a better undertstanding of what you have to do.

Yes it would be nice to hear how the others from the thread are getting on after two years.

Hi Prim and Rosie. Just thought I would stop by and say hello! Congrats Rosie on the baby bump! I had a baby boy, James, 8 months ago now it's whizzing by!!

Funnily enough I was just talking about this thread this morning on the FB group Chris set up and saying how it saved me in my darkest days.

I don't come on here any more as the HA forum in general was fuelling my anxiety more than helping.

I'm doing good these days though, my anxiety is still there but at much lower manageable levels. Being a sleep deprived new mum made it difficult for a while but I recognised it for what it was...anxiety and nothing more sinister.

I think it's great that you are both doing counselling, hopefully it'll help you as it did before.

I think of everyone on this thread and wonder how they are, a couple are on the FB group and they are well.

Big love ladies and maybe come join us on the FB group, it's a great place to be to get support xxx

Hi ya Mondie, great to hear you are doing well. I'm doing pretty good myself at the moment. My counselling has finished now and I feel like I'm pretty much on top of things again. I know I'll always be triggered but I have some great tools to use along with my growing self awareness in my training to become a counsellor.

Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990

Thread Information