Page 55 of 90 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting there slowly....

Re: Getting there slowly....

Hi Ladies,

still hear and sending you all big hugs

Hey ladies
    Step Dads operation is tomorrow morning first thing, positive vibes are very much welcome! I'm actually doing ok and trying to be as level headed as I can about it...old worries are still rearing their head just so that I have something to fret over, stupid silly mind of mine!
    Hope you are all ok
    Big love xx

Positive vibes Monies for you and your step dad, sure everything will be okay.

Sending all my good thoughts xxx

Hi all,

Having a bit of a blip today, always seems to be a little worse at the end of the week, had a bath last night which always seems to sweat out the emotions as well as making me notice stuff about my body... Bf is away tonight too, so bit anxious about being home alone...

sorry you're having a blip mindknot, hope you are feeling better now. I always get anxious after having a bath so I only shower now!

my step dad is out of theatre and I'm waiting for an update from my mum. She is so bad at communicating it's frustrating, when she's anxious she retreats into herself.

anyway, hope everyone ends is good and have a great weekend

big love xxx

Ooh ladies...... having a bath. This for me used to be a bit of a mare and went like this:

Undress with eyes shut
    fill bath with very hot water and add x7 drops of essential oil
    immerse yourself in water for 5 minutes each side remembering to keep eyes shut.
    step out of bath
    drip dry.

.......and that was every day!

I still have not got back to my pre-health anxiety bathing but it's a lot better

to you all, Lucia xxxxxx

Morning ladies. After a few days of greatness, the last couple haven't been so. My subconscious is trying to get on top of me with loads of anxiety dreams about dying and things like that. Worrying again about my pains and aches. I suspect it has something to do with thinking I was okay enough to read about somebody with C and extended personal stories. I was feeling so good and then my stomach is back to square one. Blip, this is a blip.

WNSOS. The great thing now is that you have evidence to look back on. You have had symptoms for some time and nothing terrible has happened. When I was in the midst of HA I think the biggest challenge was the 'what if' of whether I was overlooking something. I remember having a conversation with the GP about recalibrating my relationship with my body - I don't think she understood what I meant, but what I was getting at was the disproportionate reaction folk with HA have to physical stimulus.

I believe that for the most part that people who are critically I'll have symptoms that make them realise they need to go to the Dr. Just look at the endless conversations FMP has about lymph nodes. People with HA on the other hand assume quite the opposite and part of the challenge of recovery is accepting that. I found that my symptoms which were very ache and pain orientated only left a long time after I thought I was no longer anxious. A year ago I was having weekly sports massage. This year my body is a temple (a Buddhist one granted) but the point is I feel so much better physically.

My other point is that you have evidence in your locker that you can feel better and that this is a blip. Lean on the facts, not on the hypothesis. Look back in six months and notice that the time between 'blips' and seriousness of them starts to lengthen and diminish respectively.

I pop in and read this thread every couple of days. You are all helping one another but I dare say you are helping many others at the same time. Keep it up girls

Wnos, hope your feeling a bit better. You got the reaction from exposure that is very normal. Do not feel disheartened and remember you have health anxiety and nothing else xx

Page 55 of 90 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread Information