Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They are taking my help away !

They are taking my help away !

Sorry guys - more eye strain. [8)]

The lovely people at social services have been nice enough to help me get my children to and from school until I am well enough to take them myself.

I was told this afternoon that the help was going to stop and I was going to have to take the children to school myself.

How on earth am I going to do it.
    I know I have made good progress. I'm still working on making progess. But the school run is way out of my safe zone.

My kids go to a totally different school to all the neighbourhood kids, so it not like they could go with someone else.
    I have no extended family who could go with me.

It wouldn't be so bad if the school was within walking distance.
    I can go in a car but Taxis cost £5 a trip. When Steve can't take them or bring them home, it is going to cost a small fortune.
    I can just about make it to the bus stop on my own (admittedly I am almost hysterical by the time I get there.) I've only been on a bus twice and that scared me to death.

What am I going to do!
    The kids have to go to school - it's the law.
    I don't want them to see me going to pieces in public. It is not a nice thing for small children to see.

I wish I could see a way forward from this.

Love, light and Best wishes
    Liz xxx
    With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
    The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

hi Liz,

Sorry that you have found yourself in such a difficult situation. It sounds like you only have two choices: you can either pay for a taxi or you can take them and pick them up yourself. Maybe this is the exact situation you need to force you to face your fear. I know it's scary but there's no better time to try than the future!! You CAN do it, you just don't believe in yourself yet...

Sarah

Hi Liz

Im sorry they are forcing your hand like this. Its a nasty shock isnt it?
    When are they going to stop it, is it effective immediately or are they giving you a few months grace?

If you have time to do so, the best thing I can advise is practice hon. When the kids have been taken to school, go do the same run yourself without the added bonus of your kids being there. Do it everyday and give yourself time to know the route, be familiar with the bus drivers, note all the stops on the way and where the shops are fo get off for an emergency drink. Be prepared with your 'panic kit' and you will be fine.

I know you can do it, you are made of strong stuff Liz, ive seen it in some of your previous posts!

take care
    love Sarah
    xx

hi Liz, So sorry to hear that and I know how hard it can be. why couldnt they do the trip with you a few times first? seem like they are realy putting you in the deep end. I had a similar experience about a month back my sife has to go into hospital for surgery and she was going to travel there and back alone, which made me feel so gui;ty as she takes me everywhere in the car that I need to go. I felt realy bad about this for the week before I realy got worked up and upset, but on the day i did go with her and realy felt 100 times batter as had i not gone I would never have forgiven myself after all she has done for me. hope this helps even if only a little as I am the same I havnt even walked 100 yards from home alone for so long. but the pressue made me do it and now am glad I did. Even If you could get there on the bus with the kids and get a taxi home yourself you would feel much better? as u are paying for a Taxi anyway. and who knows you might even get the bus back an odd time and save even more mony and achieves a big thing. take care Vernon

hi liz

im so sorry to hear the social services turned u down

why dont u call them again and tell them that u really need their help? tell them what ur suffering!

sorry i couldnt be much help

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

Hi Liz

Sorry to hear you've been dropped in the deep end with this situation.

I can only agree what the others have suggested and maybe try to practise. Do you have a friend or anyone who could do the trip with you a couple of times until you start to feel a little more able to cope?

I hope you manage to sort something out.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

liz
    that is totaly outrageous have you tried citizens advice for help or your gp/consultant?
    blessings be
    x david x

The help ends on the 4th of November which gives me a few days to get things sorted.

I think I'm going to get in touch with Sandwell mind and see if someone could go with me, until I get the bottle to tackle things myself.

Why is that as soon as you stop cowering in the corner everyone decides to discharge you?

Like you say I've just got to bite the bullet and cope as best I can.
    Thanks for all your support

Love, light and Best wishes
    Liz xxx
    With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
    The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

glad ur ok!!!!! u sound alot calmer!

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

Oh hun what rotten news, I'll bet you're feeling totally shaken up about it all.

I think contacting your local MIND is an excellent idea - maybe they have a volunteer who can help you out on the first few trips? I do agree that ultimately you are going to have to try to make the trip yourself and that although doing this may seem incredibly hard, it is a new challenge for you and something that you can work towards and be proud of. You can do it, with lots of practice first and some positive thinking, this is another milestone you can pass.

Thinking of you, best wishes, Jo xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information