Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does sa effect your job prospects ?

Does sa effect your job prospects ?

How does sa effect you in this area of life:

Has sa prevented you from working because of the social interactions or are you able to cope despite of it ?

Has sa dampened your career prospects as a whole and made you underachieve ?

Re: Does sa effect your job prospects ?

Well its ruined a lot of exams for me and I haven't turned up to two job interviews because of it. How has it affected you?

Hey there
    I have been off work for six months due to sa and have no idea how or when i will return to work.I live in a small village with very little work opportunities and do not have the ability to travel further because i do not drive again because of my anxiety.Its reall quite frightening to not see any way back into work when the whole idea of working with people terrifies me.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKnightNoArmour View Post
    Well its ruined a lot of exams for me and I haven't turned up to two job interviews because of it. How has it affected you?
    Well its affected me a lot made for a very isolated existence and made things even more difficult to do on a daily basis.When important things have to be addressed in life like following a career path etc i shudder sharply at the amount of anxiety that is in front of me.

its effected me!!!
    ive had one job in my lifetime, which i lost due to my anxiety
    im 22years old and only had one job, i failed majorly in school
    i do have an interview though this saturday
    i refuse to let my nerves get the better of me this time, i think in the long run it will help me. no matter how scary its just something we all have to do!

**** YES! the job centre shits me up, and its pathetic. I have actually had what Id call one real job, as a manual labourer, but turned it down cuz of my anxiety (self defeating).
    shit! ive turned alot down cuz of it tbh!
    I skipped most of my GCSEs because the exams where done in a hall of 1-200 people, and Im generally a B-C student in most subjects...

well just to let you know, the interview turned out to be a 30ish ppl "team building" thing.. i got nervous sweated alot, shaked alot and failed ..yeah this anxiety crap is really unbeatable. I try to keep a positive attitude and yet again i fail. i just dont know how people do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi there,
    i've had social phobia since i was 14 and i'm 31 now. I'm a social worker which is very stressful as i have to attend meetings and sometimes chair them. Even simple group introductions cause a full on panic attack. It's the fear of making a fool of yourself. Sometimes i feel i can't be the real me, only my bf and family see that

In the past I had to leave my job in retail due to my SA. I've been out of work for a while as I have been at college the last 3 years. However I hope to get back into employment in the near future. I am not sure how I will cope with the interviews as they will scare me. Just got to try and keep positive i guess which is not easy with the lack of jobs out there.

i've been in and out of work, basically lost my last 2 jobs because i couldnt cope with my anxiety & fear of being sick, I now work from home which is great for earning money but not helping my SA, but i know i'll get back to an office environment when im ready

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information