Thread: Ear worries - scared I have tumour in ear

Unhappy Ear worries - scared I have tumour in ear

Hi everyone.

Ive been doing really well but tonight I have had a HA attack and I hate it. I've had for a few months a feeling like my left ear has water in it. Not loads, just a little and sometime when I bend over or lay down, I can feel it pulsing with my heart beat. It comes and goes and hasnt been so bad for a while. But it seemed to come back and I'm freaking myself out that it might be something bad.

We had our first baby three weeks ago and although its a bit of a strain, I didnt think I was doing too bad, but what if something terrible happens to me now?? I'm so scared its going to be the big C. Could it be an infection or something to do with the inner ear possibly? I dont want to burden my wife with my worries at a time like this but I'm really, really scared,

Please help, do I sound like I'm over-reacting??

Re: Ear worries - scared I have tumour in ear

Yes you are over-reacting!

Could be a sinus problem, ear infection, anything - it doesn't have to be cancer does it

I have to continually pop my ears but was told it was just my sinuses and to get one of those steam inhaler things. Try one of them too.

Go to docs and get them to check for an infection and please stop worrying.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

It's EXTREMELY unlikely to be cancer, sounds like an infection of some sort, so get yourself along to the doc.

Hi Dan

if its a new symptom its probably best to see gp to get reassurance. My guess if it comes and goes is its tension/stress/anxiety. When do you notice it most? Also do you grind your teeth or clench your jaw because that can cause sensations in your ears.
    I have had the feeling of water in my ear that comes and goes for years, it happens when tired or really anxious. I have had my ears stringed etc and it still does it........annoying more than anything else.
    love anx x

hi dan, i have never heard of a tumour in the ear, when you think of how unbelievably rare that must be and compare it with common ear infections, i really don't think that it should be the first thing that springs to mind.

Is it possible you actually do have water in your ear? or maybe a build up of wax? the fact that its pulsing with your heartbeat might also be a sign that its being caused by anxiety. Go to the doctors and they will put your mind at rest.

i can understand how you're feeling about your health with a new baby around. it is so tiring anyway, and being so responsible for such a little one makes you really focus on your health. maybe try and do some self-cbt and write a list of reasons to think it is 'c', and reasons to think it is not. In fact, i can't think of any reason to think it is 'c'.

take care
    mag

agree it sounds like you are worrying over a simple explaination.

All my anxiety started after my birth of my son, the huge responsibility of having a baby and needing to be there for him, fit and well. I am sure this panic is brought on my similar feelings.

I am sure you will be ok.

Congratulations on the birth by the way

Hey Dan , I wouldnt worry at all if i was you, I am actually awaiting a test to see if i have a tumour on my aucoustic nerve in my ear, so you can imagine at first i was freaking out about it until I was told that it is highly unikely and that if it is a tumour its a benign tumour cos they always are in the ear area, so its not that bad.

But I bet you your new baby cries , and I know that crying babies are difficult on the ear drums ,lol.
    You can always get your gp to refer you to audiology like mine did if your still concerned.

let me know how you get on .

Thread Information