Thread: Symptoms of anxiety?

Symptoms of anxiety?

Having been off work ill for 6 months with depression and an eating disorder, since starting back at work last month, I feel more physically unwell and im not really sure why...

I dont think ive really been an overly anxious person, but since being back at work ive been striggling. Ive been in 2 meetings in a week, and have felt like I cant breathe, my head feels dizzy and I start to feel my heart pound. Its all I can do to sit and just breathe in and out for the duration of the meeting, but hence cant remember a thing about it.

I have chest palpitations most days now, whereas they used to a rare thing, though I am not sure if thats more to do with my eating or anxiety. But I also get chest pains and stomach pains with it too more regulary now.

Also Ive noticed my hair is starting to fall out a bit too. Not like in huge clumps or anything, but have just noticed more and more in the hairbrush when I brush it each day.

I dont know if these things are related, or anything to worry about. Mostly I dont think about them, except I wish I didnt feel so anxious in meetings, because I actually feel like I might pass out sometimes.

Any advice would be much appreciated x

Re: Symptoms of anxiety?

Hiya,
    Depending upon what kind of eating disorder you have, hair loss and palpitations can be characteristics of under nourishment in terms of not providing your body with the essentials it requires.
    In terms of the feeling like you can't breathe, dizziness etc when in meetings, this definitely to me sounds like anxiety and panic...i have experienced this when sat in college classes and i definitely understand how exhausting and debilitating these attacks are...they are a pain when it comes to your concentration also aas your body is in such a high anxiety state that you barely take notice of what's happening around you as your sole concentration is took by the panic and anxiety...don't feel alone, i remember coming out of a class with no recollection of what had been discussed. Try not to fear the next attack as much as possible, it is when you start to fear the next panic that you are almost constantly expecting one and so the attacks become more prevalent.
    I hope this helps a little,
    Lucy xxx

Thread Information