I have been summoned to attend a medical, by Atos Healthcare on July 29.

In addition to agoraphobia - I also suffer from a genuine phobia of anything medical - doctors - their equipment such as stethescopes - surgeries -even drugs - after having a nightmare experience with some pill a psychiatrist prescribed. My GP has been very understanding - but I haven't even been examined by him now for a long time.

Clearly I am in a very precarious and weak position. I wrote to Atos explaining that not only was I agoraphobic, but also that I have a medical phobia. They replied that 'my request for a home visit would not be considered because there was no medical evidence to support my claim. I have written back to them to say I didn't request an home visit - because I cannot cope with any medical sitiuation. There is no way I can attend on July 29th.

I know that Atos will argue generally now, that I have no medical evidence to support my claim - and exploit my medical phobia. I don't even know if I can appeal when I don't attend the medical.

I can get some evidence from neighbours that I don't go out during the day at all -I used to visit the local library about once a week -Maybe one of the librarians would testify to say they don't see me any more- not proof as such - but something. I don't know any other way of providing evidence that I am agoraphobic. I used to go in about once a week - but haven't been in for 18 months plus - These days I just about manage to go for a drive in the small hours - at most - twice a week.

If I was a benefit cheat it wouldn't be a problem for me to see my doctor - and get prescriptions and see a therapist - it would be an obvious way to play the system. Ironically - I can't even make it to the Job Centre to sign on - not without intense mental anguish anyway -at least there would be nothing medical there! The irony is - that if I sign to say I am fit for work - that would be the true fraud.

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions - my predicament is quite unusual I know.