Thread: Hi, still got pain in upper back

Hi, still got pain in upper back

Hi everyone, I posted a few days ago about a pain in the upper part of my back and just below my left shoulder blade. I have been waking up in the mornings aching all over, not sure whether I need a new mattress but as the day progresses the pain seems to ease. I am a learning support assistant in a school so I tend to sit at desks or on a computer for much of the day. The pain comes back around tea time and feels like a burning aching feeling deep inside my back and sometimes feels like its through my chest area. I am also find sore points when i press different points in my back and ribs areas. I am getting paranoid that I have something seriously wrong, I was told the pain was caused through tension and stress by my Dr but I am on my 4th week of Citalopram and I have had this for at least 2 weeks so do you think it may be the medication.

I am sorry to go on but its making me really miserable as I cannot do as much as I used to with this constant aching. Any ideas?

Re: Hi, still got pain in upper back

Are you sure it isn't acid indigestion ?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Hi, still got pain in upper back

Hi Nikki, cant give you the magic answer for this but its all very familiar. I have constant pain in my neck,upper back and my ribcage. This can be very distressing I know and very difficult to pin down to anything. I work in IT so spend very long days hunched over a keyboard, I am also looking at my current mattress because the pain is there as soon as I awake. My GP has sent me for physiotherapy and has given me anti acid tablets as he thought it could be gastric. I think its very likely as I have suffered from IBS for many years. I am working hard to reduce the stress and improve the diet/exercise regime and I think its just starting to help. I am particularily sensitive to chest pain as I suffered a heart attack last year but trust me it was nothing like these sorts of pains, especially if as you say you can feel painful areas, Itook some persuading they were just muscle pains but Ive had the problem for months and Im still here. Does the stress/anxiety thing ring a bell as all my issues seem to relate to them in some form or other, everything Ive learned says reduce you stress and all else falls into place. Best of luck with it - Im sure things will improve

Thread Information