Thread: A question for the ladies

A question for the ladies

Basically I haven't used a tampon in years, however most of the time I did it didn't feel normal. As in I could still feel it, sometimes it would be even somewhat painful. I tried to get it in as far as I could but usually it didn't make much difference. I even tried the ones with an applicator but it didn't make much difference.

When I'm sufficiently sexually aroused sex is generally not painful, so I just wondered if anyone else has or has had a similar experience? It's strange to me because the problem has been there for as long as I started using tampons (so basically a long time ago) and it doesn't seem common.

Re: A question for the ladies

i had exactly the same. im 32 and i dont use them anymore.always hurt putting them in and i was always aware of it. chill babe, its cos you tense up when you try to apply it xx

It's not something that worries me much, I just wondered if I had a strange cervix position or something because sometimes when I'd remove them part of them would be dented like it was because of my cervix. I understand the part about it being difficult to put in but from what I understand you're supposed to be able to get them in far enough so you don't or barely feel them.

I've been tempted for years so see a gynecologist to just see if it's normal in there, I've have a smear once before and the one I had either really hurt or was very uncomfortable, I know there's supposed to be some discomfort but this seemed like something was clamping down hard on something. Probably totally unrelated but I suppose it would be nice to see if I perhaps have a slightly more narrow entrance or something. It's not an anxiety provoking issue, I'm just wondering is all.

Retrograde or tilted cervix makes it difficult to use tampons for some women. For others, thay may be un underlying fear it will hurt, get stuck etc, and they subconciously tense up. Try inserting when you have one leg on the bath, and aim for back and up, not just up...if you get me. Hope this helps x

Interesting replies, some women suffer from vaginismus. There's an awareness website that helps people to be aware of the different situations where this may arise eg using tampons etc with lots of advice.

Thread Information