Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Head Shocks!

Head Shocks!

I am six weeks pregnant and my Doctor took me of 75mg of effexor a fortnight ago.

Since then I have been experiencing a sort of like funny feeling in my head and the only way I can explain it is like an electric shock that goes through my head. I did experience this sometimes when I was on the medication, but now it is so much worse. Is this a symptom of going cold turkey of the medication?

It also makes me feel kind of sick, a bit like travel sickness. The nausea that I experience with my pregnancy is different and I was feeling nausea before I feel pregnant.

Just not feeling great and I suppose I need some reassurance.

If I could just get rid of these horrid sensations in my head I am sure I would feel much better.

Laura xx

Hi Laura
    I've experienced that a couple of times but not when i've been or come off medication. How long do they last? Mine seemed to be only for a couple of seconds?
    Take care
    Tracy
    x

hi there laura,

i haven't been on meds so i can't really help with all that. but i get this feeling in my head that you are describing all of the time (plus constant dizzyness). so i think it must definitely be related to heightened anxiety/tension. maybe if you try all your relaxation techniques it will help you feel better?
    anyway, i know that's probably not much use but i just wanted to let you know that i get those exact feelings too and i'm sure you will start feeling better soon,
    take care,
    henri x

Thanks,

It is more like a constant numb sensation with an occasional head shock that seems to shoot across the top of my head and makes me feel strange. Ive also had it a few times when I have been dropping off to sleep.

It just makes me feel really disorientated. Not nice xx

Hi Laura ,

Yes often called head zaps .
    A common withdrawal symptom .They do eventually lessen and go. You came off it too fast but I guess pregnancy dictated that .

Don't pay attention to it - its normal

Meg
    www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
    You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

hi Laura,

I have had that quite a few times since coming off meds. They seem to be happening less and less so I'm sure it will be the same for you..

Sarah

Hi Laura

Due to been pregnant you came off your meds pretty quick so side affects will seem quite harsh. They will die down and then you can go on to enjoy your pregnancy.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Hi Laura

I have had these quite a few times without even being on medication, they will ease and go I promise,I also used to get the numbness especially around my right ear-felt as if Iwas going deaf.
    Hope this helps to reassure you, good luck with the pregnancy, enjoy it and try to relax and have some me time.

Take care

Elaine x

I had exactly the same feeling you describe when I came off Effexor when I was pregnant. I reduced the dose but not gradually enough and got these head zaps for quite a few weeks after coming off it. I really feels like an electrical feeling passing through your head. I got it worse if I moved my head too quickly and I'd get a feeling across my face as if there was a feather being dragged across it. It kind of jolts you doesnt it? I got the nausea waves too but wasnt sure if this was pregnancy or withdrawal??

Hope knowing it is withdrawal helps you a bit. It does pass but it did take a while with me but I felt better once I knew what it was and that is WAS going to go!!

Heeby x

Hi Laura,

I'm withdrawing from 75mg of Effexor now and am experiencing the same thing. I feel quite unnerved and the waves of nausea can be horrible but I'm assured this doesn't last for too long (around 2 weeks apparently).

Regards,

Mark.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information