Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: feeling sick

feeling sick

Hi all pest is back again lol. Still have the fear I was talking about yesterday but now I have upset tummy and feel sick too. I woke early this morning and had to run to the toilet and had the runs pretty bad. Anyway went back to bed then before i got up i took a vallium 2mg first i have took in months hoping it would help me through my surgery fear. As i had the runs and felt sick i had a cuple of boiled eggs for breakfast, but now its 3 40 in afternoon and i stil feel so sick and so tired:(. do you think this is just the worry and vallium making me tired or do i have a tumy bug? thanks, Vernon

Hi Vernon,

I would think it is probably the worry and anxiety about your surgery and I dont know whether its hot where you are? But this too doesnt help with tummy issues..try and eat some dry toast and importantly drink loads and loads of fluids so you dont dehidrate and you can try and flush it out of your system.

Hope you feel better soon

Tatty B xx

If it persists then it may well be something you've picked up but it could just be stress and anxiety I feel the physical effects of it quite a bit 2 and get unsettled tummy and feel tired... I'd totally agree with the toast and boiled water too...try and get out in the garden or something as well and if you've got a hobby that doesn't need 2 much effort that'll help!!! u do kinda get used to it and more adept at dealing with it!

Sounds like it's just the worry to me Vernon. I get an upset tummy if I'm really worried about something. Not too long to wait now, hang in there.

LJ

Have you still got the runs, Vern ?

You are not a pest so enough of that talk honey. This is a massive issue for you and you post as much as you like - we're all here to help you through it.

I think this is IBS kicking in due to the worry.. do whatever you need to setle yourself and your intestines down- be really easy and kind on yourself Vern and use the relaxation CD's as much as possible .

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hi Vern,

You are going through alot right now Vern, Know wonder your
    tummy is upset.
    You are not a pest, we are all here for you Vern.
    Hope you feel better soon.

THINKING OF YOU

TAKE CARE LOVE JILLXXX

thanks all just was hoping it was nerves as i couldnt stand for the surgery to be put off again. I do have IBS meg thats why I had the barrium enema and sygmoidoscopy last year, but that hasnt played up for ages now. and yes the valium realy did effect me after so long off them lol. will try a lorazapam next time i dont think it lasts as long the tiredness. I do go to the toilet a lot at the best of times cos of IBS but this am was like water lol, Sorry. tc and thanks all. Vernon, My Daugher 21 went for surgery last saturday and it didnt worry her one little bit. makes me feel an eben biger baby.

hey vern,
    you are neither a baby nor a pest! you are in fact being really brave during what is proving to be a very difficult time for you.
    i am sure that your nausea and tummy upset is anxiety related - i had that all day yesterday and today because of my silly driving test.
    hope i catch you in chat soon, take care vern,
    henri x

Hi vern,
    i definately think it is due to stress, that's one of the first things (going to the toilet) that happens to me when i wake nervous, i now and again take an immodium tablet and that seems to help. i think the tiredness is due to the valium and the worry, you will be fine mate, keep talking and take care. if poss. try to eat a little soup, scrambled egg, or anything you feel you can keep down.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Vern

Enough talk of being a baby or a pest. We all know how big a deal this surgery is to you and how anxious you are about it. Many people would be anxious prior to having an operation.

I also agree that this is likely to be the anxiety and worry about the surgery causing the diarrhoea. Stress aggravates IBS and I often have this problem too prior to something I'm feeling very anxious about. In fact it happened to me last week before my appointment with the CMHT.

We are all here for you and want to help and support you in any way we can.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information