Thread: Just to make me feel worse

Just to make me feel worse

My 5 year old has several allergies one life threatening to nuts for which he has to keep adrenalin with him at all times (epi-pens) the others are eggs, trees and grass which are not as severe as the first but which will cause him to have an asthma attack and make his eyes swell drastically making him look as though he has gone ten rounds with Mike Tyson.

A couple of days ago, he woke up with a very swollen eye, could barely open it, but I bathed it, gave him some Piriton and it gradually went down. This morning however he has woken with a dark purplish shadow under the same eye and its very swollen and puffy, so I decided he needs to see a Doctor.

I phoned the Doctors, and explained about this and his allergies, and also told them that I am agoraphobic (which they aready know) to be told that a Doctor will not come out for something like that. They told me to get a neighbour to bring him down..easier said than done as my neighbours work and don't get home until the surgery is closed.

I pleaded with them to send someone out, but that said they can't and won't as it's not classed as an emergency...and that if I am that concerned I must find someone to take him there for me. Well guess what? There isn't anyone...and now I am worried about my little boy, feeling like a failure as a mother and have just realised how alone I really am.

My little boy in himself is ok...but his eye looks so sore and swollen. I know you are going to tell me to take him and if I thought that I could even make it half way there I would..but it means leaving the estate and I cant do that...I am terrified of the main road.

Kaz

Re: Just to make me feel worse

hiya

aww what a day your having

why don't you see how his eye is in a couple of hours see if with meds it goes down ,i know it must be very hard for you being on your own Hun are you getting any help with things like your agoraphobia ?
    if he is no better in a few hours call the docs again and ask to talk to your doctor i am sure that way you can tell him whats going on and he will decide if he needs to come out or not
    good luck Hun
    jodie xxx

your no failure its an illness , i would report the doctor and ring the papers to

Hi and thanks for replying.

In himself he is fine...in fact he is playing on the playstation with his brothers :-)

Yes I am getting help of sorts with my agoraphobia. I had someone come out from the First Point of Access to Mental Health Team come see me and they returned two weeks later with somebody else (sorry forgotten where they are from) but basically they are like a community worker and they are now going to assign someone to come here, although not sure how often, and get me out and about basically. They will push me, but not to the extreme and eventually they will let me go out on my own when they think I am confident enough and they will either go ahead of me or follow me 5 minutes later...but am still waiting but is only a week and a half since they came out, but they are very aware that I want to be able to do the school run come September, so I think they are trying to get me someone before then.

Kaz

hiya

sounds like you are doing all you can to get better so dont be so hard on yourself

how is your little boy now is he any better ?

jodie xx

His eye is still very swollen. He says it doesn't hurt, but then I have always thought for a 5 year old he is a pretty tough little thing, he rarely complains of anything He is quite happy playing with his brothers...so I know its nothing major...but can't help worrying, I wouldn't be me if I didn't!

Kaz

Hi Kaz,

I know that feeling of not being able to get my kids to the docs and the snotty receptionist telling me that the doc won't do a house call as the problem wasn't urgent enough, and because he is your son you are bound to worry, even if it isn't anything major, I am the worlds worst to panic and worry about my kids. Don't be too hard on yourself, you are doing all you can to get over the agoraphobia, it is not an easy thing to tackle, I only wish I lived nearer because I would come with you, I know what it is like to be by yourself with no help what so ever.

Hugs

lilly-lou

Thread Information