Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: going from 75mg to 150mg of venlafaxine

Re: going from 75mg to 150mg of venlafaxine

Hi NickT and Tommy1982.

Ive now been on the 150mg for 6 weeks and I honesty dont know if they are working or not. Im up and down like a yoyo. Ive just returned from a 3 week holiday, which I was dreading as this is a big trigger for me. But I had a ball, apart from 4 days in the middle when the anxiety hit again.

From ive come home (friday) the anxiety has been pretty bad, im going to see my pdoc next Monday so I will see what he says.

Ive been reading a book by Claire Weekes - self help for your nerves, its a great book, its me down to a T. In she says the only way to beat anxiety is to accept your symptoms and not to be afraid of them, im trying to do that but its so hard.

Re: going from 75mg to 150mg of venlafaxine

Hi All,

After trying 5 other AD's 12yrs ago I started Efexor at 150mg after 6 weeks I stilol had the black cloud stopping my concentration and couldn't string a sentence together!! Upped to 225mg for a further 6 weeks but still depressed and unable to think or do anything.... I wanted to change to another AD but my Gp asked me to bear with him andd upped the dose to 300mg!! I was informed at the time that this was usually the dosage prescribed to those contemplating suicide!! After 4 or 5 weeks further, it was sudden.... someone had turned on a light in my brain... I could think properly, understand and reason!! I have been on 300mg now for 12 years and although tried to lower the dose a number of times, without good results, It works for me... I hold down a professional respected job and have declared my illness and medication to my employers, when I started 3 yrs ago.

It works for me but everyone's different. I think an increase should be considered first before changing to a different AD.

My thoughts into the hat anyway :-)

Tim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information