Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drinking on citalopram?

Question Drinking on citalopram?

hi everyone

im currently taking 20mg daily of citalopram, on day 7 and feeling ok, not really had any side effects other than feeling very tired, but this could also be down to doing a 6 day working week

im off on a night out with my friends on sat night next week and im just wondering whether to drink, have a couple or stay away from alcohol. wondering whether to call my doctor to ask? or ask in the chemist?

i guess i could always drive and then that will stop everyone i know being totally puzzled by me not drinking

Re: Drinking on citalopram?

It says not to drink on the leaflet, I would go on the J20s they are non alcoholic and quite pleasant.

Heather

nooo don t drink it quite dangerous with citalopram

I made the mistake of having a drink while on 20mg you will end up VERY ill
    DONT DRINK

Scott

thanks everyone have already arranged to drive everyone so will be on the j20s tonight i havent had a drink for quite a while as i think it fuels my anxiety, also ive switched to decaff coffee (which tastes exactly the same!) as i feel that caffiene was also making it worse.

ive not been on a night out before without a drink, lol! bout time i gave it a go!

Hiya Mog

At least you will be able to spot who the good looking fellas are without the beer goggles!
    I think drink fuels my anxiety as well, have a good night

Heather
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherMc View Post
    Hiya Mog

At least you will be able to spot who the good looking fellas are without the beer goggles!
    I think drink fuels my anxiety as well, have a good night

Heather
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    i had a really good night in the end, and it was fantastic to wake up with no hangover! spent whole night dancing and laughing, it was great to be able to go back to being the old me for a whole night and not worrying

Hi all
    I'm looking through the posts and came across " drinking alcohol with Citalopram". I myself wondered could l have the odd glass of wine?
    Quite sadly the answer is No. Citalopram apparently can affect the liver (please don't shoot the messenger, the info was from a client of mine who's a sister in a pysch ward) and for that reason, the added strain of the alcohlol on your liver makes it a no no. Kind of double trouble. I want you all to take this in perpective. It doesn't mean we're all going to have liver problems, but firing booze down our throats at the same time could cause us some health problems.

Ditsy xx

I do have the ocassional (one in very 2-3 months) drink since being on Citalopram and have felt very drunk very quick. As a rule I avoid alcohol while on meds but can not see the harm in the VERY ocassional glass of wine.

I just checked the nhs website and it says there should not be many side effects from drinking alcohol with these.

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/863.aspx...CategoryID=103

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information