Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feels Like im moving/swaying

Re: Feels Like im moving/swaying

Sounds like vertigo. I get it a lot nowadays. The first time I had it I thought I was dying and had a brain tumour or something because the sensation was so strong. Sometimes I feel like I am just gently swaying and then other times I get what are called drop attacks, where it literally feels like actually grabs me and pushes me onto the floor and I do actually end up on the floor because of it. I get the swaying feeling a lot when I am lying down. I sometimes grab onto my bed for fear I am going to roll off even though I know I wont.

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

Ive had it too. Especially like gingerfish describes. Awful feeling at outset of anxiety episodes like im being thrown backwards down a lift shift ?? if you know what I mean .

Gingerfish - you described what i have perfectly. I've been trying to put it into words and that's exactly it. Very strange feeling

---------- Post added at 20:18 ---------- Previous post was at 20:15 ----------

I;m seeing my dentist and then back to my doctor, they suspect TMJ disorder and i am awaiting an ear test too.

I have no doubt that what ever it is i have was probably made worse by stress, however i'm confused at how anxiety could cause true vertigo without another issue?

Hi im having this right now its awful!! I hate it so much it really scares me and makes me worry its something more serious like my heart. I get the moving n swaying and fuzziness n also lightheaded. My hearing keeps foing briefly and i feel the tone change...or i get weird head sensations and then my ears start ringing. Im reallt thinking the end is near for me. Im sorry we all have to experience this. Hugs to everyone x

Hi Don't worry about it I get it every day even now,the ringing in the ears is just tinnitus made worse by your anxiety,and sickness .

I'm going through the same problem. Have been for the past 18 months. Only started once I stopped my meds cold turkey, 20mg Lexapro. I've tried various anxiety meds and they aren't making it better. Had my ears checked and they're fine.

The constant feeling of swaying is awful. Feels like you're walking on a boat or a bouncy castle. I've been on 5mg of Lexapro for the past 20 weeks and still no better.

Really don't know what to do about it anymore. Really feel for you as the sensation is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Amylee1982 View Post
    Hi im having this right now its awful!! I hate it so much it really scares me and makes me worry its something more serious like my heart. I get the moving n swaying and fuzziness n also lightheaded. My hearing keeps foing briefly and i feel the tone change...or i get weird head sensations and then my ears start ringing. Im reallt thinking the end is near for me. Im sorry we all have to experience this. Hugs to everyone x
    This is almost exactly what's happening to me with the swaying and I also relate it to my heart. I only seem to feel it when I'm standing still though, pretty much never when I'm sitting or lying down. I also get the ear things but only occasionally. I've been thinking about how to describe it and the tone change is pretty accurate.nth only ring for a few seconds as well.

I hate this shit.

This is exactly how I feel when I have been getting the dizzy spells. It's like I'm swaying back and forwards or side to side and feels like I can't walk in a straight line!

You literally described the feeling perfectly. I've been experiencing this swaying/floaty feeling for the past few months. I'm on sertraline so I'm not sure if this is the cause since many others on this post have stated that they are on it as well or if it's just related to anxiety. I work in retail (probably the worst place for me) and when I have customers surrounding me I feeling especially off balance and that just drives my anxiety up even further. It truly is a never ending cycle, causing constant fear and frustration. It's good to know I'm not crazy though and that other people are experiencing the exact thing that I am. Wish you all the best!

I recently put a post on about this.
    I am getting this and have for a while.
    Its so frustrating as its making my anxiety worse because I am worrying about it constantly.
    Every day I wake up hoping that it has disappeared but within about 20 minutes of being up it starts all over again and will be there most of the day.
    I do get times when I am busy and not thinking about it that it goes away so I am definitely thinking its the worry/anxiety that's causing it.
    Just need to find a way of not thinking about it but its so hard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information