Thread: Acid reflux

Acid reflux

I was on Omeprazole for acid reflux but after reading the horror stories of being on them from more than a couple of months I decided to just stop taking them. Been a month now with none and the acid has just reappeared. I feel sick all the time, can't eat much until I feel full because of the acid. I am full of gas from my throat to my bum (sorry for the information lol), am getting acid burning the back of my throat on and off all the time etc.

I've tried Gaviscon and ranitadine which don't help for long (lucky if I get an hours relief). Also tried apple cider vinegar which just made it worse. Don't know what to do other than Omeprazole but I just can't go back on that (was on it for almost 3 years which is not good). I just can't take the acid anymore and the nausea

Re: Acid reflux

What are the horror stories?

I've been on omeprazole for around 3 years now and I've had no problems with them whatsoever. They have been a godsend for me

I can empathise. I've been getting upper stomach/lower chest pains for months.

Omeprazole gave me heart palpitations
    Lansoprazole gave me a rash
    Nexium gave me really bad palps

I've taken Pariet for 2 months and stopped 3 days ago. It's not really helped, if anything it made things a bit worse. I've had a few good days but mainly bad.

I know my next port of call is camera down my throat but I'm terrified of both the proocedure and the results.

So I feel your pain!!

i ave suffered with acid reflux for 4 years now and take pantoprazole. it works a treat. i had the camera down my throat and chose to be sedated for it, i totally dont remember a thing about it, for all i know i could of been fast asllep. i really do not remember a thing. its not as scarey as people think if u have the sedation.

Look into aloe vera - that should help

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I was taking lansoprazole but got really bad stomach ache. Tried ranitidine which did nothing.

I find a tablespoon of bicarb in a glass of water works for a while but not when my symptoms are bad.

I have never read anythign bad about being on them though, what have you seen?

Thread Information