Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: not sure if i can cope on my own anymore

not sure if i can cope on my own anymore

hi,

i am 35 and live alone cause of this stupid anxiety agarophobia an i have suffered for nearly 10 years and not told anyone i can make it about a mile or two from my home and thats it what a life eh???

fed up with it now ,

glad this ite is here not sure how i would have coped without it,,

trevor.

better to fight for something than to live for nothing

hey trevor dont give up hope .little steps mate make all the differnce.I was close to the same but kept fighting .Try the positive thoughts not the neg.One day may not be long you will be at the top.Good luck trev..

Hi Trev, hang on in there, seek some help mate, you are far to young to waste your life. CBT will be the best treatment for you, it has worked wonders on so many people, go to your dr and asked to be put on the waiting list as it can take up to 6 months to get treatment.

Good luck,

Polly

Hi Trevor,

Sorry your feeling so down. But remember we are all here for you so you dont feel alone.

Take Care

Mandyxx

Hi Trevor,

Sooo sorry to hear how you are feeling.

This illness IS a lonley place to be :( is there not any support groups by you, could you not ask on the forums if anyone who suffers the same lives near you and arrage a meet up. May I ask, why have you not told anyone. I know for me talking to people even if they did not understand, but just listend to me helped me sooo much.

**better to fight for something than to live for nothing** this is sooo right Trev, you keep fighting.

You take care Trev,

BIG (((( HUG )))

LOVE JILLXXX

hi guys thanks for your kind replys,

i really wish there was a support group or somthing here for me but nothing an jill i would love to meet up with someone in my area who sufferes but i dont think anyone else sufferes from anxiety in hull where i am from hee hee ,,
    i havent told anyone cause i guess i am ashamed of this you know men are supposed to be big strong and brave not whimos,,

thanks again guys,

p.s if there is anyone in or around hull that would like to meet up swap ideas etc pm me,,
    p.p.s can only travel about a mile or so,,,,

trevor,

Hi trevor,

I know it's really hard to talk to people sometimes, I had feelings pent up for ages until i felt like i couldn't take any more, went to the dr who gave me meds that i didn't want, but these days i am feeling better from just reading posts on this site and seeing there are people who feel the same as i do, chatting to people on this site and having confided in a few close people and talking to a counsellor.

Do you know if there are any phone lines you can call for help? I'm sure there is a post somewhere about a therapy phoneline or something. Or maybe even something like online counselling? It's really bad if they have no support groups in Hull, Hull's a big place isn't it? I'd come meet up with you if I could only I'm about 5 hrs away in Bristol! but you are always welcome to PM me

hugs,
    su x

hi su,

thaqnks for your post,

hull is a BIG place yeah but the docs are very bad here,,you live in bristol wow cool it may as well be on the moon for me to get there lol,
    anyone is welcome here would be great to chat to a fellow sufferer face to face ,,

take real good care,,

PM anytime you wanna chat ok,

trevor,

hi trevor,

im sorry you are feeling down at the minute hun, have you tried the No panic helpline you can talk to people on the phone from 10am -10pm its really good and they do a one to one support session if you join with a mentor there phone number is 0808 808 0545 and then you will be given a list of phone numbers to call, give it a go i always found they where really helpfull with me

hope this helps

ruth x

Trevor

Have you done any sort of recovery programme and getting out and about?

We can all do it - it is blooming hard work but can be done if we want to.

You could try it too

Nicola

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information