Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want to feel normal!!

I want to feel normal!!

I am so fed up with waking up everyday worrying about the day ahead and how I am going to get through it.

I am struggling with the symptoms at the moment and they are stopping me from going to many places especially on my own as I feel I will be sick or pass out.

I would love to be able to get up and go somewhere without all this worrying.

I watch people from my window going about they business and would love to be able to do that, its been a long time since I was like that.

I struggle to even get to the end of the road let alone take a bus or go shopping.
    I can't even go to the hairdressers or doctors because I hate being anywhere I feel trapped, I need to know I can leave whenever I need to.

I hate living like this, I feel I am missing out on so much.

Re: I want to feel normal!!

Bless you. Everyone on nmp must be able to relate. It's so easy to spiral downwards so that you can't do simple things.

I've just discovered NLP which is supposed to rewire your brain so you don't panic just by being outside. The brain is so powerful isn't it?

Have you managed to get to the doctor in order to be put on medication?

Hi,
    Thank you for your reply,

Unfortunately I have not felt up to going to the doctors, I have made numerous appointments but when the time has come I am in such a state that I can't face going.

I don't want anyone to know how bad I am feeling because I don't want any fuss.

I have thought about making a telephone appointment with the doctor but I am not sure what I would say.

I have been on medication before several years ago and struggled with the side affects, they did make me feel better after a while though, I just feel like a failure because I feel like I am back to square one.

Your not the only one who feels like a failure. I feel that way everyday now. I feel like I'm letting everyone around me down. Like I can't get better and I can't get rid of these symptoms.

No one is a failure for having this condition! Everyone has ways to cope, and sometimes our brains won't let us cope at all.

Make a phone doctor consultation today Helen Claire. Even if you just burst into tears (and you probably will) the doctor will have heard it all before and will want to help. I used to be anti pills, but honestly, if you put in the time (say 4 weeks) they can help. No quick fixes though.

Good luck!

I have a appointment with my doctor today. I am hoping it goes great and maybe I can get something to help me cope with it better. And maybe she can ease my mind about some stuff.

I really need to bite the bullet and see the doctor as I am not coping on my own.

I hope your appointment goes well today.

I worry about having to have blood tests etc but I know that's what they will do to check physical symptoms. and of course I am scared they will find other things wrong with me. but then I guess I cannot feel much worse than I do now.

Quote Originally Posted by helenclaire View Post
    I really need to bite the bullet and see the doctor as I am not coping on my own.

I hope your appointment goes well today.

I worry about having to have blood tests etc but I know that's what they will do to check physical symptoms. and of course I am scared they will find other things wrong with me. but then I guess I cannot feel much worse than I do now.
    Thanks I hope it does also. I have blood test come back fine month and half ago At the ER.

Quote Originally Posted by helenclaire View Post
    I am so fed up with waking up everyday worrying about the day ahead and how I am going to get through it.

I am struggling with the symptoms at the moment and they are stopping me from going to many places especially on my own as I feel I will be sick or pass out.

I would love to be able to get up and go somewhere without all this worrying.

I watch people from my window going about they business and would love to be able to do that, its been a long time since I was like that.

I struggle to even get to the end of the road let alone take a bus or go shopping.
    I can't even go to the hairdressers or doctors because I hate being anywhere I feel trapped, I need to know I can leave whenever I need to.

I hate living like this, I feel I am missing out on so much.

I am going to give you the best advice that's ever been given to me...

No matter how bad you feel - go out.

You're scared of passing out or being sick but how many times has that actually happened?

Tell yourself that you feel absolutely awful but you're going to do it anyway. The feelings will be still there with you but you will come home feeling a little bit better than you did before you went out. Physically, a brisk walk gets the heart pumping and helps to disperse some of that excess adrenaline that's in your body. Just think, if you just sit on the sofa all day worrying - you're just throwing more fuel onto the fire. Put it to some good use and burn it off!

It's natural to want to curl up into a ball and stay where you feel safe but the anxiety wins that way and you will struggle to recover. I have to force myself through the door some days but I know that it's the right way to go and I always feel the benefit of doing it if only to stick the V's up to anxiety and say 'You didn't stop me, so Ner!'.

I honestly think that this is the key to recovery. Keep going out and keep reminding yourself that nothing bad happened. You felt rubbish but nothing BAD happened and the good days will eventually out number the bad days.

Try it. X

Excellent advice, NoraB! It's not easy but if you want to feel normal then you have to try to go out and do simple normal things rather than isolating yourself at home which just leads to negative tho.ughts and frustration

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information