Thread: Symptoms over the years

Post Symptoms over the years

I am curious to see what you guys have been through. I was thinking today of what my anxiety experience has been throughout the years and it seems like every year I am facing a new "life-threating" disease...

At the end of each cycle I am telling myself I will never fall for this again, yet, I always do when new symptoms show up.

In chronological order (as far as I can remember): 2007 until now:

- panic attacks, dizziness, worrying, intrusive thoughts, head pressure and headaches on daily basis (first big scare, brain tumor)
    - metallic taste in mouth, eye flashes (second big scare, I thought I was going blind...)
    - back pain, abdominal pain, frequent urination, (third big scare, kidney failure)
    - chest pain, upper back pain, left arm pain, (fourth big scare, heart problems)
    - throat pain, difficulty swallowing, loss of appetite, (fifth big scare, throat cancer)
    - feeling cold all the time, shaking, unreality, dizziness, (sixth big scare, thyroid issues, diabetes)
    - tingling and pins and needles on the tip of the fingers, pins and needles on one half of the face, tight band around the head ( seventh big scare, MS)
    - currently: muscle weakness, shaky arms and legs, dizziness from tight neck muscles, stiff muscles ( current big scare, MS or ALS if really unlucky...)

Thankfully, once I understood the mechanics of the panic attacks they stopped bothering me. However, the coming and going neurological symptoms are the ones that I have not managed to get under control yet...

Re: Symptoms over the years

I've thought about this too, knuckle. Looking back has helped me a lot, because with each big scare I've survived, the less scary my new symptoms seem to be.

Occasionally a new symptom (or a whole set of new symptoms) will show up, because I have several legitimately diagnosed chronic conditions. And if those symptoms are overwhelming or if their cause is unclear, this is where my HA rises to the surface again. I've had a few of them this year, because it's been a bad year health-wise and stress-wise overall, but I've already survived a few of my latest scares, so I feel like I'm getting back on my feet. I'll look back on the health scares of 2018 and previous years, and hopefully my HA will have less and less influence on me.
    I encourage anyone who's struggling with their doctor to take your health into your own hands. You can always start by checking reviews at www.RateMDs.com. And don't forget to leave a positive review for the doctors you appreciate! FYI: Here are some tips on writing an online review of your doctors: http://abt.cm/1lZUdaF

Quote Originally Posted by knuckle View Post
    I am curious to see what you guys have been through. I was thinking today of what my anxiety experience has been throughout the years and it seems like every year I am facing a new "life-threating" disease...

At the end of each cycle I am telling myself I will never fall for this again, yet, I always do when new symptoms show up.

In chronological order (as far as I can remember): 2007 until now:

- panic attacks, dizziness, worrying, intrusive thoughts, head pressure and headaches on daily basis (first big scare, brain tumor)
    - metallic taste in mouth, eye flashes (second big scare, I thought I was going blind...)
    - back pain, abdominal pain, frequent urination, (third big scare, kidney failure)
    - chest pain, upper back pain, left arm pain, (fourth big scare, heart problems)
    - throat pain, difficulty swallowing, loss of appetite, (fifth big scare, throat cancer)
    - feeling cold all the time, shaking, unreality, dizziness, (sixth big scare, thyroid issues, diabetes)
    - tingling and pins and needles on the tip of the fingers, pins and needles on one half of the face, tight band around the head ( seventh big scare, MS)
    - currently: muscle weakness, shaky arms and legs, dizziness from tight neck muscles, stiff muscles ( current big scare, MS or ALS if really unlucky...)

Thankfully, once I understood the mechanics of the panic attacks they stopped bothering me. However, the coming and going neurological symptoms are the ones that I have not managed to get under control yet...
    Exactly what I am having the last 4 weeks. Weak arms and leggs all the time with dizzyness due to tense muscles in my neck. I also had the fear of having ALS or MS or had a small stroke that caused my arms and legg muscles to be weak and shaky.

I do run 5km 3 times a week with little to no problems. I do work in my garden cursing my weak muscles constantly and so keeping the feeling alive.

I am happy to read that anybody has the same symptoms as me.

My doc told me 3 times it is stress and anxiety, but is feels all so damn real and scary. I was panic/hypochdry free for about 5 years. However a very stressed out time last December got me right in the face. The stress left the building but the physical symptoms and the worrying about them stayed and cause stress. That is a nice round circle .

Hopefully summer brings us relief and relaxation.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Sounds similar. I'm only 36 and I've "had":

- About a dozen heart attacks
    - Pericarditis
    - Arrythmias
    - Brain, throat, tongue, stomach, testicular tumors
    - Several STD's
    - Hypothyroidism
    - Pneumonia
    - Stroke
    - MS
    - Urinary Tract Infection
    - Meningitis

Probably more than that I can't remember too. In reality the only even mildly significant things I've really had was tonsillitis and the ear problem I have right now.

One thing that I realized in a way kind of laughing at myself was, through all that I have a 100% survival rate! Now I try to remind myself of that line when I feel worrisome. Sometimes it helps. At the very least it makes me smile.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

im 32, but have had health anxiety since I was about 10. I remember in 6th grade freaking out over chest pains. I would go to my doctor every year for a physical, get a clean bill of health, then one week later I would come down with some symptom that scared me to death all year.

5 years ago I feared MS for almost 8 months. A year before that it was appendicitis every time I got a stomach ache. 2 years ago it was melanoma because of some moles I have. Recently its been neurological issues for over a year and a half now.

From the age of 22 I think I had these issues on and of just like you. I nearly fainted during my nightshift from being tired, thats all. But the feeling was so scary I couldn't think of anything else. My problem was born right at that moment!!

Since then I had numerous heart attacks which I luckyly survived every time lol.

Pvc and other weird heart feelings.

Chest pains that drove me so crazy I went to ER. After my visit to ER and got all clear it just disapeared in 1 week lol.

Appendicitis, IBS and thus cancer. CT scan cleared that out for me.

Eye floaters

Weird sight, like unreal/dreaming.

This muscle thing is now for the first time so I figured my brain is very inventive.

"He is not responding to palpitations and little pains anymore, let's make him nearly unable to walk or move. Oh and let's make him crazy with tired hands, so he can't play his guitar anymore like before."

Realy I could make a comic story out of those things.

One day soon I will be in control of my brain and then I will kick it in the butt you know.

Currently with my leggs I upped my running pace just to prove my brain I am in charge here! Last week it is getting better.

Soon it will be dissapeared, I just know that.

Remember, what you think of you get more of. It works the same with luck and hapiness.

Don't think of what you don't want, you will get more of it. Think of what you do want, you get more of that.

See what happens if I told you "don't think of a pink elephant" .......... haha peace!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Thread Information