Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celeb deaths

Red face Celeb deaths

All the celeb deaths at the moment has got be feeling quite low. Some quite young or some not reaching even 70.

Anybody else get depressed?

Re: Celeb deaths

I do phil. Do we really need to know every time someone on the TV dies and the cause? I for one think it is not necessary and very insensitive to the families.
    It's almost on a daily basis and it is very hard to avoid this news.
    It certainly does not help people with anxieties. :(

Yeah, it is a bit depressing isn't it. The media has created so many stars and we have had such a rich celebrity culture since the TV got going with all sorts of interesting things going on. As these people age there are more and more names appearing as recently deceased on the news. As I age I see more names I grew up with on the way out. I'm starting to feel like my parents who looked through the deaths column in the newspaper every day telling each other who had passed away in obvious shock. Nothing much you can do about it, but 'when one door closes, another one opens'. People who have contributed to our lives may have passed away, but other people follow and many great people are yet to be born. It doesn't change the loss of someone you've enjoyed seeing, but I find it comforting to think that new greatness and talent will always keep coming and we still have the recordings of the ones we have lost to remember them by.

It's easy sell for the media. Death always sells.

As Carnation says, it is disrespectful to the families but that's the UK media for you, they couldn't care less. Celebrities die and statements about leaving the family are published and within days we know why they died as they keep pushing for to get a story.

Some celebrities would sell their deathbed stories and have a camera put in the coffin for them if someone like Endemol comes up with Celebrity Decomposition...and lets hope they don't!

(thinking Katie Price there!)

I dread when I get old and all of today's scripted reality stars & reality stars start going, it will be daily!!!

I remember being particularly distraught when Rik Mayall died.

It makes me worry how long I will have left ect

Some people live to like 100 some live to 60

I’ve had anxiety about this for years and it worries me every day

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    I remember being particularly distraught when Rik Mayall died.
    Yeah, I loved Rik Mayall. I loved Bottom.

Well I'll be 53 in a couple of months, I'm knocking on a bit

Rik Mayall yes, he had that manic kind of comedy about him, gone much too soon. And Mel Smith, he was brilliant.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    It makes me worry how long I will have left ect

Some people live to like 100 some live to 60

I’ve had anxiety about this for years and it worries me every day
    You're not even 30 yet!

Never Surrender, Comrade

I was so sad when Rik mayall died he was part of my teenage years but what I don't get is are we supposed to be sad for every celebrity even if we didn't like them ? I wasnt keen on Diana ( well pretty much all Royals ) but we had a nation grieving for someone we don't know , don't get me wrong it was very sad a young mum died but so do a lot of others every day , I'm not going to change my mind on someone because they've died but then I take no pleasure from knowing they've gone but there are exceptions to that rule ( sex case celebs) those I would dance a little jig on their graves

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information