Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pounding heart has woken me up 3 times today.

Re: Pounding heart has woken me up 3 times today.

The main problem for all of us with HA is once we get the one thing we fear say with your palps we spend the rest of out waking hours for days and weeks anticipating the return of it, hence it reappears. I worry about heart problems even after being told im ok. I get a tiny pain in my left chest, im talking hardly noticable for anyone else, lasts sometimes less than a second. I spend the rsst of my time focussing on it and thinking about it. Only thing i can suggest is trying to do something that can take your mind off it, say watch some funny films or have a talk with someone qho can understand etc. Its not easy. I get you with the sleep. Mines ruined and somedays im up till 4am and awake at 8. Its no good because we have to give the bodybtime to rest and 2 hkurs iant enough for a good amount of rem sleep, the real quality deep stuff and so we end up knackered the next day and start worrying about that. *sigh* it sucks lol

Re: Pounding heart has woken me up 3 times today.

Quote Originally Posted by WHITEDETH View Post
    The main problem for all of us with HA is once we get the one thing we fear say with your palps we spend the rest of out waking hours for days and weeks anticipating the return of it, hence it reappears. I worry about heart problems even after being told im ok. I get a tiny pain in my left chest, im talking hardly noticable for anyone else, lasts sometimes less than a second. I spend the rsst of my time focussing on it and thinking about it. Only thing i can suggest is trying to do something that can take your mind off it, say watch some funny films or have a talk with someone qho can understand etc. Its not easy. I get you with the sleep. Mines ruined and somedays im up till 4am and awake at 8. Its no good because we have to give the bodybtime to rest and 2 hkurs iant enough for a good amount of rem sleep, the real quality deep stuff and so we end up knackered the next day and start worrying about that. *sigh* it sucks lol
    ^^^ That is a very real issue for me, I am far too attuned to my body and the general aches and pains that all of us get. I seem to be able to amplify, or at the very least excessively focus, on certain trigger points which only make every situation worse. No good ever comes from it. Knowing that is one thing but being able to do something to "nip it in the bud" or prevent that spiral of escalation is very very difficult.
    Going through these situations makes me feel very much alone, who could understand and make sense of that sort of mind set when even I do not understand it....?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information