Thread: Feel like grains of rice stuck in my throat?

Feel like grains of rice stuck in my throat?

Hi

Just wonder if anyone has had this before.

I feel like there are grains of rice stuck at the very back of my tongue and in my throat, I can feel it constantly, but its worse when I swallow.

I spoke to the doctor about it who said it might be my reflux disease/acid, however I have been taking 80mg of esomeprazole (nexium, I usually take 40mg daily) for 6 weeks now, I have no acid pain and cannot taste acid, I have suffered with the reflux disease for 11 years so I know when its flaring up, and this isnt it at the moment so cannot be that.

I will go back to the doctor this week, but just thought id ask if anyone has had it, and what it was? I have to say its pretty uncomfortable.

Thanks,

Darren.

---------- Post added at 21:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

Just had a look at the back of my tongue and have raised red bumps, tongue coloured, so I assume its some sort of enlarged taste buds or something, Im not worried, I just want them to go away, have enough problems as it is.

Re: Feel like grains of rice stuck in my throat?

Have you examined your tonsils for tonsil stones? This describes how they feel exactly- like I've got a bit of food stuck behind my tongue or throat. They are harmless and can be dislodged (I think they're buildups of food and plaque in the crevices of tonsils that look like bits of crushed chickpea), but they can hang around for ages and be really deep. My husband gets them badly and he has chronic reflux. I've been getting them recently and I'm just recovering from a very bad case of gastritis. Could be the same thing?

Re: Feel like grains of rice stuck in my throat?

No idea what it is, sorry, but I have a similar problem - more like a bristle or piece of popcorn lodged in the right side of my throat, near the base of my tongue. And a swollen gland in that area of my neck. It started 18 months ago, ENT couldn't see anything in my throat, ultrasound showed the gland to be an enlarged submandibular salivary gland, and I'm now waiting to be seen by an Oral/Maxillo-Facial consultant. Has yours gone away?

Thread Information